Hotel in Copenhagen

foothill

May I request a bit more information? Are you looking for luxury, budget, middle of the road? Do you prefer new, modern styles or historical places? High rise okay or do you like to be close to the ground? Do you want any specific amenities or have any specific room requirements? Hotel amenities and room design in Scandinavia aren't necessarily the same as most are used to in the US and Canada. Here's a good example: When my DH and I visited Denmark and Norway for several weeks with my mother, I made all the plans and reservations partly because I was an exchange student in Norway (and partly because my mother was paying for the trip, so it seemed fair that I would make the effort to create a wonderful memory). When we went to check in at an international chain hotel in one small city, the check in agent was very concerned because we had reserved views room and the only double they had available for my DH and me was setup in what we might consider HC accessible. The shower was in a corner with only a shower curtain to go around, which is a very common design in Scandinavia. Seems that many visitors from the US get quite upset with this and complain. We were more than happy to have the room and are quite used to traveling throughout the world. The check in agent practically breathed a sigh of relief when my DH said, "That sounds great and by the way, my wife here lived in Norway and has been introducing me to all your lovely customs. Thank you for giving us such a perfect view." [it was amazing]

We were a week in Copenhagen that trip, so I booked us into a little flat off the city center. It was also typical Danish configuration with the tiniest elevator in the history of our travel. Loved it!

To get you started, my favorite hotels in Copenhagen that are near Radhus Pladsen (City Hall Square) and Tivoli: Ascot (classic with modern appointments; great staircase) and Kong Frederik (elegant and lovely). Caveat: It's been several years, so I can't positively vouch for current conditions.

Copenhagen is a wonderful city. I'm sorry you don't have more time to explore, but even one night will be a pleasure.

beachchick

In 2006 I stayed at The Square. It was fairly new then. It is across from Tivoli and very close to the railroad station. Also at the beginning of the Stroget, the pedestrian shopping street. I don't remember anything negative about it and if I were going to Copenhagen I would stay there again.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived