Advice on Getting to Civitavecchia

Wife and I are arriving 7/16/09 noon at FCO for 7/17/09 Sosltice deaprture ex Civ. We booked Hotel Bramante 1 nite 7/16 but are wondering how we arrange transfer FCO to hotel. I see they arrange airport p/u's with sister hotel Traiano in Civ. I haven't called the hotel yet. I was going to wait a bit. Is anyone else on 7/17 Solstice cruise ex Civ. (Rome) that is arriving afternoon at FCO day before (7/16) that we can coordinate a FCO to hotel(s) transfer together? Please contact me at Geobill99@aol.com if we can can arrange a transfer with one or more couples or individuals. Thanx.

Just email the hotel about wanting them to pick you up at FCO. They are pretty prompt in getting back to you. If you want to get from the hotel to the ship around a specific time, you can also tell them to sign you up for the free shuttle (we like to be there early so they put us on the list for the first shuttle). If you wait until you are at the hotel, you may not have a choice as to the time. Remember, the sister hotels are filled with people wanting to get to the ship.

Just email the hotel about wanting them to pick you up at FCO. They are pretty prompt in getting back to you. If you want to get from the hotel to the ship around a specific time, you can also tell them to sign you up for the free shuttle (we like to be there early so they put us on the list for the first shuttle). If you wait until you are at the hotel, you may not have a choice as to the time. Remember, the sister hotels are filled with people wanting to get to the ship.

Thanks Tally 10! I will call this week. Smooth sailing.

Does anyone out there have any advice on a more economical way to get to Civitavecchia from Rome?

Have a look here: I put some actual information and pictures from January 2009 together with shuttle, walking and ticket information.

http://heinbloed-cruiseguides.blogspot.com/2009/01/civitavecchia-italy-getting-to-vatican.html

Regards,

HeinBloed

Archived