Closed Loop Cruises

Bakeman

My understanding is that once the new passport rules goes into effect on June 1st, that it still will not affect closed loop cruises.

Is this true, because I have seen a lot of differening information and it all kind of contradicts itself.

Yes, I know all about the pros of having a passport, but I have no kids, am healthy, so I don't really see myself having to fly home.(yes i know it could still happen)

So flame away if you must.

I am just looking for an accurate answer as to whether or not a BC and DL will still be ok.

As you decided to post on here instead, any flaming you get is your own fault.

I fully understand that, but if you read all of my post, you would have noticed that it all kind of contradicts itself.

Thus since this is a place to ask questions I did so.

And yes I fully expect to be flamed. thus my comment about that.

I am by no means overly informed on this subject but my understanding that the only thing about a closed loop cruises is that you were not aloud to permanently leave the ship mid cruise.

I understood that when that law takes effect passports will be necessary for all non-American territory ports.

Since you have already heard the other arguments my final thought is...

why take a chance?

Brad

I am by no means overly informed on this subject but my understanding that the only thing about a closed loop cruises is that you were not aloud to permanently leave the ship mid cruise.

I understood that when that law takes effect passports will be necessary for all non-American territory ports.

Since you have already heard the other arguments my final thought is...

why take a chance?

Brad

Seems everyone has a different view on it.

And I am all about the passports, believe me, I was just looking for maybe a little clarity.

You will not need a passport on closed loop cruises. Why are you confused? There is no differing posts, other than flamers who will suggest you get a passport, but no you do not need a passport to cruise on closed loop cruises. Nothing confusing about that to me.

You will not need a passport on closed loop cruises. Why are you confused? There is no differing posts, other than flamers who will suggest you get a passport, but no you do not need a passport to cruise on closed loop cruises. Nothing confusing about that to me.

Confusing when you look at the internet as a previous poster had recommened. Which I had done.

Thank you for your answer.

Seems everyone has a different view on it.

And I am all about the passports, believe me, I was just looking for maybe a little clarity.

Then go to the website I included in my post and read it. That is where you'll get the facts instead of misinformed opinions.

Confusing when you look at the internet as a previous poster had recommened. Which I had done.

Thank you for your answer.

The new rules are the same as the old rules in regard to cruising in and out of the same port. You still need at least a birth certificate, and a photo ID, but no a passport isnt required. Carnival is pushing them because it makes check in faster.

If all you wanted was the facts, you should have gone to www.Yahoo.com or www.Google.com and done a search.

Such a search would have given you the passport rules webpage of the US State Department as an option.

As you decided to post on here instead, any flaming you get is your own fault.

Did you not have your coffee this morning???

I think it's an honest question that could/should be posted here. Most of the questions asked can be Googled/researched to find the answers. That would leave about one new post a day.

Did you not have your coffee this morning???

I think it's an honest question that could/should be posted here. Most of the questions asked can be Googled/researched to find the answers. That would leave about one new post a day.

I don't drink coffee, I don't like the taste or the jitters.

When I want the facts, I check for a website that has them. If someone else asks for them, I'll provide them a link or quote the website.

When I want opinions, informed or otherwise I'll come to a forum like this.

I was having the same conflicting stories also. Tried calling but the information system wasn't working. So I emailed and got this response!

Traveling By Sea

How will the final WHTI requirements affect passengers going on cruises?

U.S. citizens on closed-loop cruises (cruises that begin and end at the same port in the U.S.) will be able to enter or depart the country with proof of citizenship, such as a birth certificate and government-issued photo ID. A U.S. citizen under the age of 16 will be able to present either an original or a copy of his or her birth certificate, a Consular Report of Birth Abroad issued by DOS, or a Certificate of Naturalization issued by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Please be aware that you may still be required to present a passport when you dock at a foreign port, depending on the islands or countries that your cruise ship is visiting. Check with your cruiseline to ensure you have the appropriate documents for the stops you’ll be making on your cruise.nformation system was down

Archived