Vision of the Seas Refurb?

We will be taking our first trip on the Vision this coming April. In looking up the ship I saw that it was built in 1998. Does anyone know if it has been refurbished or updated since then.

I ask the question because someone mentioned to me that the ship was "showing its age". RCI does such a good job on its ships, I know it will be fine, but just curious about any updates.

Thanks.

We will be taking our first trip on the Vision this coming April. In looking up the ship I saw that it was built in 1998. Does anyone know if it has been refurbished or updated since then.

I ask the question because someone mentioned to me that the ship was "showing its age". RCI does such a good job on its ships, I know it will be fine, but just curious about any updates.

Thanks.

We got off Sunday and she is just fine...in better shape than some of the newer ones:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Missus,

We are on the Vision of the Seas in April-transatlantic. I read your response to SailorJack's question about the condition of the VOS. I am pleased to hear that you felt the ship was in good shape. Did you notice a difference in the quality of food. I have read that it had declined and was a disappointment. I wonder what you felt about the food quality ? I appreciate your words of wisdom. My email is: katherinenic@yahoo.com

Gratefully,

TexasTraveler1953 (Katherine)

just finished the vision of the seas repo thru the panama canal for 14 days...the ship is a little cleaner than a year ago, probably due to new hotel director, benny.

the food was fine, the same seven menus from the mexican riviera plus seven "new" ones, tasty all the way thru!!

sorry the vision is gone... we will try the radiance out of san diego now.

Archived