Ruby Princess Review *First Time Cruisers

Canadian_Made

We were on the same cruise and although we are older did think average age was a bit older this trip. We decided it was due to the current economic situation. Loved international Cafe, ate there almost everyday for lunch, just delish!

Great review and welcome to cruising. You will never be the same..:D

Always plotting and planning the next one.

Sorry to hear about the Crown Grille.:( We have always enjoyed this venue on other ships.

We love breakfast in the dining room - did you try the French Toast?

The Fettucini Alfredo is to die for, IMHO:):)

Thanks for the review.

Crown grill or the other alternates speciality restaurants. We have eaten in a bunch of them and never but never had a bad meal let alone a bad server and you generally have several of them. Please give one another try. Also if service in any area is below your expectations politely say so to a supervisor. It will get better very fast.

Hey there fellow Canadian, and fellow first timer. We are 2 couples, from Vancouver and Kamloops and we will be cruising on the Ruby on Feb 21/09 and are just so excited. I was interested in the photo of your room because we are also on this deck. E223 and E225. It is suppose to be an "obstructed" view and if it is the same as yours, it's not that bad. We were considering paying for an upgrade to a balcony but the deal we booked didn't offer the upgrade. I think it is also a full ship.

I am starting to get ready to pack and I have had different opinions, from friends that cruise, on how to dress for dinner. Should my husband take a tie for every night, or are some nights more casual. How dressed up do we have to be in the anytime dining? My brother-in-law, who we are traveling with REALLY doesn't like to wear a tie and dress up....

Thanks

Colleen

I am starting to get ready to pack and I have had different opinions, from friends that cruise, on how to dress for dinner. Should my husband take a tie for every night, or are some nights more casual. How dressed up do we have to be in the anytime dining? My brother-in-law, who we are traveling with REALLY doesn't like to wear a tie and dress up....

You only need a tie for the formal nights.

On the smart casual nights, most (but not all) skip the tie.

Attire for the anytime DRs is the same as for traditional. We were on the 1/17 Ruby sailing, and on the formal nights, all the men we saw had at least a tie and almost all had a sportcoat and/or dark suit. Very few tuxes. I have read posts here from men that didn't dress for formal night and went to the DR anyway, but we didn't see that on our cruise. For the ladies, very few long gowns, more cocktail dresses or black pants or skirt with a dressy top. For the 5 smart casual nights, most men were wearing slacks and a polo-type shirt. I hear jeans are allowed now, but we didn't see many of them when we were in the DR.

For the formal nights a tie is expected, on any other night... I wore jeans and it was fine and a golf shirt and even sometimes a tshirt...

Hey there fellow Canadian, and fellow first timer. We are 2 couples, from Vancouver and Kamloops and we will be cruising on the Ruby on Feb 21/09 and are just so excited. I was interested in the photo of your room because we are also on this deck. E223 and E225. It is suppose to be an "obstructed" view and if it is the same as yours, it's not that bad. We were considering paying for an upgrade to a balcony but the deal we booked didn't offer the upgrade. I think it is also a full ship.

Thanks

Colleen

I was curious about the menus too and after some searching on the website found downloadable, printable menus (4 days worth) for the dining rooms and menus for the Crown Grill and Sabatini's. Even after dinner drinks, coffee and desserts!

We sail on March 21st. I tried to put a countdown box on here but the only other time I posted it didn't show up so probably won't this time.

Thanks for the review. This is our 2nd cruise, 1st was to Alaska on Carnival and we had fun but except for a few shore excursions didn't do any of the booking ourselves and didn't like some parts. This time we did everything so I guess we'll find out which way is best.

And we are mid 50's with college kids who are very jealous that Mom and Dad are not taking them!

Odd Question: Did you take and pictures of the menu's by any chance? My mom will be sailing on the Ruby in March and her friend is allergic to Wheat and wants to peruse the menu's ahead of time.

Thanks

Jana

I have the latest menu's & will scan & post them soon.

Hi - we were on the same cruise b2b 24th and then the 31st of January. My husband and I are 40 and this was our 4th cruise with Princess. Very quickly on changeover day we found the second group of fellow cruisers to be much much younger and dare I say it much much slimmer than the considerably older group the week before!!!

We did wonder what the reasons for this would be (the age not the waist size) but as a fellow poster says, you can look into everything on a cruise but not the demographics of your fellow passengers!!!

Hi - we were on the same cruise b2b 24th and then the 31st of January. My husband and I are 40 and this was our 4th cruise with Princess. Very quickly on changeover day we found the second group of fellow cruisers to be much much younger and dare I say it much much slimmer than the considerably older group the week before!!!

We did wonder what the reasons for this would be (the age not the waist size) but as a fellow poster says, you can look into everything on a cruise but not the demographics of your fellow passengers!!!

We noticed the same thing & attributed it to the Superbowl game week. :D

Thanks for the menus. We don't sail for awhile, but would like to post on our

CC rollcall with your permission.:cool:

They belong to Princess & I'm sure they would like you to use them where ever you wanted to. :D

Archived