RSVP Norwegian Star 4/18/09

SteveInPDX

I got some great ____ cards printed up from some pictures over @ FLICKR --

I had not planned on bringing for the door for decoration only because when you have 50lbs per suitcase -- you tend to want to put the important sutff in there :-)

I do have a few selections made for some of the parties...... should be QUITE festive!!

I am excited...

The Beer Garden sounds like a plan!

I think it's on the uppermost deck, so it'll be a good vantage point!

Glad u had an awesome time on the Eurodam. We're very jealous of ya. We're always on the Caribbean cruise but couldn't make it this year due to my partners work schedule. We'll have to make up for lost time on the "Star".

To my fellow cruisers on the "Star"... lets definitely plan to meet up onboard. We'll set up a time as we get closer to sailing. The "Star" has a Beer Garden onboard. That sounds like a perfect place to me!!!

is pretty light and compressable, so it shouldn't be too bad.

I've got to get busy and start considering the packing element of this trip, and hit the stores to buy some new clothes.

I got some great ____ cards printed up from some pictures over @ FLICKR --

I had not planned on bringing for the door for decoration only because when you have 50lbs per suitcase -- you tend to want to put the important sutff in there :-)

I do have a few selections made for some of the parties...... should be QUITE festive!!

I am excited...

YAY for shopping! I am going to try not to overpack like I always do -- Theres only one of me -- so if I am bringing two checked bags, and two carry ons I am gonna have a hellllluva time managing that.

Maybe I can rely on the kindness of strangebears... he he

The "formal" night: What's the scoop on that? Do a lot of people participate? Being from Mardi Gras land, my partner and I own our tuxedos, so they'd be easy enough to pack (as easy as a suit, at any rate). But if participation is minimal, maybe it's not worth the trouble...

The "formal" night: What's the scoop on that? Do a lot of people participate? Being from Mardi Gras land, my partner and I own our tuxedos, so they'd be easy enough to pack (as easy as a suit, at any rate). But if participation is minimal, maybe it's not worth the trouble...

The number in tuxes on the Caribbean cruise wasn't minimal and my guess would be at least 50% did dres sup. The rest was a variation of some kind: jeans and fancy jacket, evening gown...

So the tuxedos will make the journey.. :) I just have to decide what vest to bring along!

I'll probably pass on the evening gown! :p

The number in tuxes on the Caribbean cruise wasn't minimal and my guess would be at least 50% did dres sup. The rest was a variation of some kind: jeans and fancy jacket, evening gown...

It's always nice to see everyone all dressed up, but don't feel like you have too. You'll see everything from Tux's, suits, jeans and dress shirts and yes... a few evening gowns... and I don't mean on the ladies aboard. =)

So the tuxedos will make the journey.. :) I just have to decide what vest to bring along!

I'll probably pass on the evening gown! :p

And Mardi Gras is really my only opportunity around here...

Drag queens on board? How fun! I don't envy them of having to pack all of that stuff though!

It's always nice to see everyone all dressed up, but don't feel like you have too. You'll see everything from Tux's, suits, jeans and dress shirts and yes... a few evening gowns... and I don't mean on the ladies aboard. =)

[quote=pidaho1971;18420865

Drag queens on board? How fun! I don't envy them of having to pack all of that stuff though!

Ha ha -- I barely want to pack my leather and other assorted gear for the parties --- takes up a lot of space -- when you only have 50lbs/bag

How these boys do it -- find all these fabulous costumes, find somewhere to pack them, and shuttle them cross country.

I guess if I could sew - I could make myself some shiny silver pants or something - but whose got the time :-)

And when you are flying from across the country you have to prioritze -- I think if given the choice between a pink wig, or my harness -- well... I wouldn't have pink hair..

You'd be amazed at what people bring onboard. One year a guy brought 30 feet of dryer ducting to create his costume for the "Super Hero Custume Party". Still to this day I'm not sure how he carried it onboard... or how it passed through security! A pair of leather chaps was the least of his worries.

I've taken the policy that less is more... and always more fun to look at!!!

Just wondering if anyone is looking for a cabin mate? :rolleyes: The friend I was planning to go with lost his job and can no longer go. A couple friends in LA are considering adding me to their cabin (apparently 3 in a cabin saves each person around $200) but they havn't gotten back to me yet.

I didn't like the idea of sharing a cabin with strangers at first but hoping to find a cool guy(s) willing to be a little adventurous (no sexual conotation intended here) and maybe even save a little $$. If my friends in LA get back to me soon and say they are willing to add me to their cabin then I will probably do that. One of them I would be sharing a cabin with I've never met (friend of a friend) and he doesn't seem sure about adding 3 people to one of those tiny little cabins. we'll see.

A little about me; I was on the RSVP Caribbean fantasy cruise in Feb 07. I was along with one of the entertainment groups - the D.C. Cowboys. That was a Blast!!! I live in D.C. and work as an IT consultant. As far as looks - i'm considered by some in the bear community as an otter. I would describe myself as laid back, t-shirt and jeans type of guy.

Feel free to email me at davisdustin@me.com.

Hope to see you all on the ship!

cheers,

Dustin:cool:

Speaking of "Less is More" how far do some guys go for the Underwear party? Is it acceptable to wear a thong or jock? What do you mostly see? Boxers, Boxer/briefs, briefs, thongs??

Oh, you see the whole gamut: long johns, farmer johns, jock straps, thongs, see-thru... I'd say that boxer briefs and briefs are in the majority.

Dustin: I just emailed you.

Just wondering if anyone is looking for a cabin mate? :rolleyes: The friend I was planning to go with lost his job and can no longer go. A couple friends in LA are considering adding me to their cabin (apparently 3 in a cabin saves each person around $200) but they havn't gotten back to me yet.

I didn't like the idea of sharing a cabin with strangers at first but hoping to find a cool guy(s) willing to be a little adventurous (no sexual conotation intended here) and maybe even save a little $$. If my friends in LA get back to me soon and say they are willing to add me to their cabin then I will probably do that. One of them I would be sharing a cabin with I've never met (friend of a friend) and he doesn't seem sure about adding 3 people to one of those tiny little cabins. we'll see.

A little about me; I was on the RSVP Caribbean fantasy cruise in Feb 07. I was along with one of the entertainment groups - the D.C. Cowboys. That was a Blast!!! I live in D.C. and work as an IT consultant. As far as looks - i'm considered by some in the bear community as an otter. I would describe myself as laid back, t-shirt and jeans type of guy.

Feel free to email me at davisdustin@me.com.

Hope to see you all on the ship!

cheers,

Dustin:cool:

But not sure if much (or any) leather will be coming along...

You'd be amazed at what people bring onboard. One year a guy brought 30 feet of dryer ducting to create his costume for the "Super Hero Custume Party". Still to this day I'm not sure how he carried it onboard... or how it passed through security! A pair of leather chaps was the least of his worries.

I've taken the policy that less is more... and always more fun to look at!!!

Archived