Rental Car Info Needed

iamheretowinp

Hello,

We will be visiting Antigua via cruise ship in March and are curious about what car rental places are available close by the port in Antigua/St. John's. Wondered if anyone has used any of these companies for the day and what the prices were? Are there any license fees or insurance fees? Is there a fee if you are not over 25? Is the island easy to navigate as well?

We would appreciate any insight anyone may have.

Thanks so much!

After my research, I found dollar to be the closest big name agency closest to the pier. Dollar has a location on Nevis street--which is blocks away from the pier. If you book online, nevis street is not an option for pick-up, you can either call them, e-mail them or book online at the main office. When they send you a confirmation you can request to pick up at nevis street. I'm not sure of their direct e mail but if you google antigua rental cars, you should be able to find dollar's direct e-mail address.

• 1 month later...

We rented through Hertz. The cost was around $55 for the car and an additional $20 for an Antigua drivers license. We made our reservation in advance using their 1-800 number and met someone near the pier.

I can't help you with the age issue as that wasn't an issue for us.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived