Port in Venice to San Marco for touring

We will be in Venice for three days, two nights staying on the Oosterdam. Does anyone know how easy it is to get to affordable transportation to San Marco from the area where the ship docks? Where can we get a Vaporetto? Do we have to travel the length of the Grand Canal to get there? How much time should we allow? I have been reading many different sources but none really deal with the location of the actual port.

I would really appreciate any help.

We will be in Venice for three days, two nights staying on the Oosterdam. Does anyone know how easy it is to get to affordable transportation to San Marco from the area where the ship docks? Where can we get a Vaporetto? Do we have to travel the length of the Grand Canal to get there? How much time should we allow? I have been reading many different sources but none really deal with the location of the actual port.

I would really appreciate any help.

Here is a link to some info about transportation.

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/vaporetto_routes.htm

You should check to see if your ship offers a watertaxi. I'd be surprised they don't offer it for the overnights. On our Princess overnight they provided watertaxi service from the dock area, a short walk from the ship. Taxi ran hourly or so to San Marco, and from there all of Venice was an easy hike or vaporetto. They charged I believe 15/round trip, and automatically added it to our rooms.

Archived