time between muster and sailaway

How long is the time between muster and sailaway, generally speaking? I always seem to have trouble getting the lifejacket back to my cabin, getting a cocktail, and getting to a nice place to see sailaway! Is it just me? Did I already have too many cocktails? Where does the time go? I seem to always be running to the bar to get a drink and miss the whole thing waiting for my order!

Any one have a method or schedule they usually adhere to to get this all done???? I need some suggestions! :o

How long is the time between muster and sailaway, generally speaking? I always seem to have trouble getting the lifejacket back to my cabin, getting a cocktail, and getting to a nice place to see sailaway! Is it just me? Did I already have too many cocktails? Where does the time go? I seem to always be running to the bar to get a drink and miss the whole thing waiting for my order!

Any one have a method or schedule they usually adhere to to get this all done???? I need some suggestions! :o

First my DW and I start out with where we would like to see that sail away from then immediately following muster she goes to the decided location and I run back to the cabin with our life vests and stop and get a cocktail and meat her at the disclosed location. This works out for us since my DW does not like crowds that much and she gets to our location without the hassle of going up to the room then fighting crowds at a bar then herding to our location. It works for us, and I hope that this helps!

Most times, as soon as Muster drill is over, they do start pulling out! Get your drink BEFORE you put your life jacket away---you'll have time to do it later! And go to an outside bar--even if you're waiting for a drink, you won't miss a thing!

You are right, there is not much time. We always split up, one takes the life preservers back to the cabin, one gets drinks and one secures the place. If there is only the 2 of us, one brings the preservers back the other secures a place and grabs a waiter.

We have a balcony for our sailaway out of Southampton, are we better to have a restricted private balcony view or an all round view on deck battling with the masses to find a good spot - and where is a good spot or are are they closely guarded secrets?

Thanks.

For the record... I am in no way, manner or form advocating this and I have never and will never do this...

but...

what prevents people from just "forgetting" their life vest at a bar while getting a drink after muster and going up on deck immediately for sail away? Would not some ships staff return it to your cabin when it was discovered? By there own admission they have more than double the amount of life vests on board at the muster stations than are necessary. After reading the op's post I am amazed I have not yet heard of anyone doing this.

Remember I am NOT advocating this!!! I am just surprised I have not heard anyone come up with this before. Perhaps there is a penalty/fine?

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who feels a bit of a "time crunch". We are planning on watching sailaway in PC from our aft balcony this time around, and I was thinking I'd send dh back to the cabin with one of the kids and the life vests, and take one kiddo with me to carry the kiddie cocktails, and I could carry the grown up ones! Don't want to miss a thing!

Maybe we could get some bubbly and put it on ice before the muster.....hmmm, now theres a plan!

Although, I did like the very ingenious plan of "deserting" the life vests at the bar........guess with 2 kids in tow its not that kind of trip......this time around!:D

Sunnydale, it depends on what type of sailaway experience you are looking for. When sailing to a Caribbean destination, I know its kind of a party atmosphere with (sometimes) Caribbean music and everyone has an umbrella drink in hand, very festive. Perhaps leaving from an European port would be a little less "lively", I don't know really! I guess we are opting for our balcony because we will be traveling with 2 kids and my parents, more of a family trip. Hope this helps.:confused:

Archived