Personal cards

saddleman

After a 15-20 year hiatus, I'm back to cruising. Back in the day, we always brought personal cards (business card size) to give to new friends or dinner mates. Is this still the thing to do? I know Kinkos will do 48 for about $19.00.

Do the ships have them available? It would be a good idea to do so.

saddleman

Well you can go to an office supply store and buy a pack of blank ones (maybe $4-5) and print your own for a lot less! All 'office' programs have the card feature - you just pick the stock number of the one you have, it pops up a blank template - you fill in one with whatever info/logo, etc you want, copy and paste to the others on the templates (some office programs do this for you - you only do the first one), put the blank card paper in the printer and print - voila! Your own personal cards! Plus you get like 500 or more blanks so you can change them for each cruise or whatever else you would use them for. They are perforated so you just punch them out and there you go. Very easy to do.

We often exchange cards with people. Here is a link from the back of a card that some folks gave us on a recent cruise....they profess to be free.....beyond that I know nothing.

http://www.vistaprint.com/vp/ns/default.aspx?dr=1&rd=2&GP=2%2f2%2f2009+7%3a33%3a13+PM

A friend had a box of cards made for me from that site. It had an ocean scene and they printed my name, address, e-mail, telephone, cell etc She told me she only paid shipping which was something around $4-$5 at the time. On the back, they put in tiny print the card was supplied by Vista or something like that. It is not objectionable in the least they way they do it IMO I think the box might be about 200 cards.

I would recommend them as they did what they promised, for the price they promised and are very decent weight/quality. My friend was happy with her dealings with them. They arrived in about 10 days from when she ordered them.

A friend had a box of cards made for me from that site. It had an ocean scene and they printed my name, address, e-mail, telephone, cell etc She told me she only paid shipping which was something around $4-$5 at the time.

I have the same ones ;ocean view and all. I would have suggested it had you not done it.

Fran

After a 15-20 year hiatus, I'm back to cruising. Back in the day, we always brought personal cards (business card size) to give to new friends or dinner mates. Is this still the thing to do? I know Kinkos will do 48 for about $19.00.

Do the ships have them available? It would be a good idea to do so.

saddleman

Yes, new friends still exchange contact information via cards. The ships don't have them available, but you can make your own much cheaper than that Kinko's price. Most word processing programs have templates for them, which you just personalize, print on card stock, and separate.

Caro

I use vistaprint for my company business cards. I would definately recommend them. Generally you can get 250 cards printed up for just the cost of the postage - a few dollars - and delivery is generally quite fast. These are the ones with the vista advertising on the reverse.

There are plenty of premium rate selections also as well as things like t-shirts, caps and so on.

We often exchange cards with people. Here is a link from the back of a card that some folks gave us on a recent cruise....they profess to be free.....beyond that I know nothing.

http://www.vistaprint.com/vp/ns/default.aspx?dr=1&rd=2&GP=2%2f2%2f2009+7%3a33%3a13+PM

Vista Print is who I have mine made up by. They are free if you don't do any kind of editting. But I wanted a different font and stuff so I think mine cost around 8.50 for 250 cards.

I just make them generic with my name, office addy, and email addy.

I give them to crew that I've made friends with too, and I regularly correspond with several of them now.

Archived