Are you more loyal because of CruiseCritic??

airlink diva

I didn't find CC until shortly before my 2nd cruise. The posts provided great info on the line, ship and ports. What a great resource!

It was before my 3rd cruise, when I got scared. After reading the posts, it became apparent that I made a big mistake; I didn't match the line's demographics. The diehards on the threads made it clear that, unless I was willing to submit to their standards of excellence, that I would be shunned and would not enjoy myself. Lo and behold, I had a thoroughly enjoyable cruise on a great ship on a great line.

So, a couple of three cruises later, I'm looking forward to taking my first HAL cruise. That is why I have started to hang out on your board (I really, really, really want to sail Prinsendam's circumnavigation of South America or Amsterdam's South Pacific.)

So, no, CC has not increased my loyalty to any one line. I book according to itninerary and length of cruise. I have learned how to take the "absolutely positives" and "absolutely negatives" and translate them into a realistic outlook.

(Some of the arguments on CC about which line/ship is best remind me of the Chevy-Ford arguments from high school - LOL)

PS: I do enjoy visiting one line's board ... I love reading the negative reviews that the line is still earning (disearning?).

I am pretty loyal to CC... I don't post on any other cruise boards and I've gotten lots of good information (and laughs!) here.

I've only sailed 4 lines (soon to be 5) and although I never see myself being a devotee of a single line a la S7S (to some extent itinerary, and to a large extent timing will determine which line I am sailing) I know I'll have my favorites. I don't anticipate another RCCL or Carnival cruise (never say never)... I'd sail Princess or HAL again (but on a smaller Princess ship) and I'm looking forward to my Celebrity cruise. I hope to try Azamara, Regent, Crystal or similar lines soon.

I think CC makes me more loyal to cruising as a vacation but not any particular line.

I am pretty loyal to CC... I don't post on any other cruise boards and I've gotten lots of good information (and laughs!) here.

I've only sailed 4 lines (soon to be 5) and although I never see myself being a devotee of a single line a la S7S (to some extent itinerary, and to a large extent timing will determine which line I am sailing) I know I'll have my favorites. I don't anticipate another RCCL or Carnival cruise (never say never)... I'd sail Princess or HAL again (but on a smaller Princess ship) and I'm looking forward to my Celebrity cruise. I hope to try Azamara, Regent, Crystal or similar lines soon.

I think CC makes me more loyal to cruising as a vacation but not any particular line.

Dylaness, what is your avatar? What am I looking at here???

I feel I'm more informed by coming to the Cruise Critic site, but I really don't think it makes me more loyal to one line or another. Having experienced several lines, I find my opinions are more balanced, one line versus another, based on those experiences. To me it seems line a no brainer. If I'm here on the HAL forum, I talk about my experiences aboard HAL. The same is true on the NCL forum, or the Princess board. I can absolutley say that what I read on the boards, doesn't sway me in the least on booking any particular line, or another. ;)

Archived