New rules for X1 card???

jones721

Just tried to book 2 adult X1 cards for our European Costa trip and was told that everyone in the cabin had to purchase the card. Fair enough. However, both children have to buy the card too - at over £5 a day!!!! Asked for them to check on this and should find out more tomorrow.

11 night cruise - £84.76 per adult

£57.68 per child

Anyone heard of this 'new rule'? Sometimes it all depends on who you speak to.

Tracey

In the German Coststatea Catalogue it states all ADULTS in the cabin must purchase the X1 package.

Check the UK Catalogue, alsoare you bokking direct with Costa or via a TA?

Give Costa Customer Service and check it out.

Ron

That was by ringing Costa in London. When I phoned the travel agent a couple of weeks ago for a price, I did wonder why she came back to me with an adult price and a child price when I had only asked for the adult price. now I know why.

London are contacting head office in the US to see if they will let us purchase adult only ones.

I will check the UK brochure, but I don't think it is even mentioned in here. I found out about it a couple of years ago via a friend in Austria who read it in the German brochure. At the time it was practically unknown in the UK or US. Anyone know?

Tracey

Ron

I know you've told us before, but can you let me know what the official title of the X1 package is please. Also, I have a UK brochure here, can you give me a rough idea where I might find this info..I did try but wasn't very successful. Thanks.

Hi Tracey..will get back to you. :)

Ron

I know you've told us before, but can you let me know what the official title of the X1 package is please. Also, I have a UK brochure here, can you give me a rough idea where I might find this info..I did try but wasn't very successful. Thanks.

Hi Tracey..will get back to you. :)

The name of the X1 Package is "All Inclusive a la Costa". In the German Catalogue (dated September 2009) it is in two places:

a. Page 43, in a chapter about the cusine onboard

b. Page 246, Useful Information under Paragraph about Drinks as follows:

Getränke

Mit der Bestellung speziellerWein-,Mineralwasser- und Getränkepakete können Sie zu günstigen Preisen Getränke zumVerzehr während der Kreuzfahrt kaufen. Bis ca. sieben Tage vor Ihrer Abfahrt können Sie diese auf unserer Homepage buchen. Andernfalls wenden Sie sich bitte an das Service- und Informationsdesk an Bord.Bitte beachten Sie,dass auf alle an Bord konsumierten Getränke eine Servicegebühr von 15 % anfällt.Genießen Sie mit unserem Getränke-Paket „All inclusive“ à la Costa Bier vom Fass, Weiß- und Rotwein (Hauswein), Softdrinks sowie Mineralwasser während des Mittag- und Abendessens im Buffet- und Haupt-Restaurant.Das „All inclusive“ à la Costa Getränkepaket kann nur vorab bei gleichzeitiger Reservierung Ihrer Kabine und nur für alle gemeinsam in einer Kabine reisenden Erwachsenen zusammen gebucht werden.Es muss bereits vorab bezahlt werden und ist derzeit nicht im Internet buchbar. Bitte beachten Sie, dass das Getränkepaket nicht für das Zielgebiet Mauritius buchbar ist. Aus Sicherheitsgründen wird Ihr in Bordgeschäften gekaufter Alkohol von uns aufbewahrt und Ihnen amEnde der Kreuzfahrt in Ihre Kabine gebracht.Wir danken für Ihr Verständnis

I'll give Costa-Germany a call tomorrow and see what they say.

Ron

Genießen Sie mit unserem Getränke-Paket „All inclusive“ à la Costa Bier vom Fass, Weiß- und Rotwein (Hauswein), Softdrinks sowie Mineralwasser während des Mittag- und Abendessens im Buffet- und Haupt-Restaurant.Das „All inclusive“ à la Costa Getränkepaket kann nur vorab bei gleichzeitiger Reservierung Ihrer Kabine und nur für alle gemeinsam in einer Kabine reisenden Erwachsenen zusammen gebucht werden.

Hi, do you mind translating some of that for me - just the relevant bit? I had a reply from Costa today and the answer was that it had to be bought by ALL people in the cabin including children. I am replying to them - but would like to know what it says in the German brochure.

It is unfair to expect children to buy the card because I don't approve of children drinking loads of fizzy drinks / soda as it so unhealthy for you. Diet - full of sweetners, normal - full of sugar, both full of additives to make children hyperactive. Can understand the adult reason to stop sharing, but not the children.

Will be interested to see what Costa Germany have to say.

They have obviously changed their rules but maybe this should be for new cruise bookings only - and anyway, I still don't agree that children should have to buy them.

Thanks,

Tracey

Genießen Sie mit unserem Getränke-Paket „All inclusive“ à la Costa Bier vom Fass, Weiß- und Rotwein (Hauswein), Softdrinks sowie Mineralwasser während des Mittag- und Abendessens im Buffet- und Haupt-Restaurant.Das „All inclusive“ à la Costa Getränkepaket kann nur vorab bei gleichzeitiger Reservierung Ihrer Kabine und nur für alle gemeinsam in einer Kabine reisenden Erwachsenen zusammen gebucht werden.

Okay, I´ll give it a try:

Enjpy our drink-package "all inclusive a la costa" with beer from tab, red and white wine (house wine?) , softdrinks and mineral water during lunch and dinner in the buffet- as well as the main restaurants. The "all inclusive ala costa" package can only be ordered in combination with booking your stateroom and has to be ordered for all adults travelling in the same stateroom.

I hope my translation isn´t too bad...

Thanks Ron.

Nothing on the earlier cuisine section. The Drinks section on Useful Information reads:

Drinks

Take advantage of Costa's special drinks packages to save money. We offer wine, mineral water and drinks options that can be booked via our website at http://www.costacruise.co.uk up to four days before departure or through the information/customer service desk on board. Guests are not permitted to consume duty free alcohol purchases made on the ship. These are kept in store and delivered to yu at the end of the cruise.

Note that some drink packages are only available to book prior to the departure. Furthermore, please note that there are limited drinks packages for the Far east and Indian Ocean departures. Please ask your travel agent for details.

Tracey..from an online Translator. :)

By ordering drinks special wine, mineral water and beverage packages, you can drink at reasonable prices during the cruise zumVerzehr buy. Until about seven days before your departure you can book on our homepage. Otherwise, please contact the service and Informationsdesk at Board. Please note that all beverages consumed on board a service fee of 15% accrues. Enjoy with our drinks package "all inclusive" à la Costa beer from Barrel, white and red wine (house wine), soft drinks and mineral water during lunch and dinner buffet and main Restaurant. That "All inclusive" à la Costa drinks package can only advance when booking your cabin and for all together in a cabin adults traveling together will. It must be booked in advance and paid for is not currently available on the Internet. Please note that the package does not include drinks for the booked destination is Mauritius. For security reasons, your board shops in alcohol purchased from us and you kept amend the cruise in your cabin brought. We thank you for your understanding .

Not quite the same it seems.

Okay, I´ll give it a try:

Enjpy our drink-package "all inclusive a la costa" with beer from tab, red and white wine (house wine?) , softdrinks and mineral water during lunch and dinner in the buffet- as well as the main restaurants. The "all inclusive ala costa" package can only be ordered in combination with booking your stateroom and has to be ordered for all adults travelling in the same stateroom.

I hope my translation isn´t too bad...

Thanks, I have e-mailed Costa.

Tracey

Just got off the phone with Costa - Germany, they stated that only ALL GROWN-UPS must purchase the X1 package. Children do NOT have to buy it as they have their own drinks paclage "BOYS & GIRLS".

Kasi1979 (Ute), translation was perfect, you are now the offical English / German / English CC translator.:D

Ron

going on concordia feb 11,have booked two adult x1 packages,did not have to purchase any for the two children in the cabin .booked it by phone through thomas cook:)

Hi, when did you book your X1 package as the last time I phoned Costa there was no mention of buying it for children. I think they have just changed the rules. I have also booked through Thomas Cook.

Where are you going on your itinerary? If it is the same as ours, I would love to hear about it when you get back (Egypt, Turkey and Greece). Please post.

Tracey

Hi

booked x1 packages a couple of weeks ago,our itinerary sounds the same as yours,will certainly post when we come back,we are going to try and arrange our own transport at the ports,so will let you know how we get on,should be interesting as my husband is partially disabled so will be taking a wheelchair.we managed quite well round the med,but don't know how we will fare on this trip!!will let you know.:eek:

Archived