kids on crown princess

flbeachmom

we are looking at the crown princess... I noticed there are no conn. rooms on this ship which makes me wonder if this is the ship for us (families) ?? There are 3 families going with a total of 8 kids in ages from 9- 15 years old. The teens love to meet outher kids and hang out with them for the week. My girls even keep in touch with children from other cruises they have been on. So what do you think to Princess or not to Princess????

When are you looking to cruise? There will always be kids onboard. Some weeks more then others.

I am sailing the Crown next week and on my must do list is the kids pages that I will pick up and post.

We were on the Crown last June to the Baltics, and my DD then 9 loved it! She was the one who insisted we had to book another Princess cruise! She really enjoyed the kids programming in Shockwaves, as well as the movies under the stars. And she loves the production shows.

We just got off the Coral yesterday, it was a 14 day thru the PC so of course there were very few kids onboard. She still had a great time, but of course we had some fantastic ports of call.

FYI Princess closes their clubs throughout the day on sea days as most lines do, but they are open when the ship is in port if you make reservations.

Having cruised NCL, Royal Caribbean and Carnval - we have never had the Kids Clubs closed during the day on sea days. My daughter did not care for the Carnival Kids Club but spends loads of time in the RCI ones!

Hope she is not in for a disappointment.

Karen

I've taken my DD on 13 cruises, and with the exception of Disney and NCL the other lines all closed their clubs from 12pm - 2pm and 5pm - 7pm everyday. Usually you have to pay a fee for late night babysitting after 10pm. They have varying policies on port days.

Disneys clubs stay open from 9am to midnight (with no late night charges) and they'll feed the kids lunch and dinner. NCL stays open, but you need to pick them up to feed them.

Given their ages, I think the OPs kids will have a great time on the Crown.

Having cruised NCL, Royal Caribbean and Carnval - we have never had the Kids Clubs closed during the day on sea days. My daughter did not care for the Carnival Kids Club but spends loads of time in the RCI ones!

Hope she is not in for a disappointment.

Karen

We have sailed Royal too- kids clubs were closed from noon til 2 and from 5-7

Archived