Toeless nylons

FurKids

I honestly think that they look strange because you can see a difference in color and texture between your toes and the rest of your legs. If I had a really bad bruise on the lower part of my leg, I would probably wear a long dress/skirt or dressy pants for formal night. If you can wear opaque tights with your dress, they would cover your problem, but you will still be able to see a bruise through sheer hose.

Wear pants if you want to cover it. You could also try experimenting

with makeup to cover it up, google something like covering tattoos with makeup to get an idea how.

I got nailed in the leg with a softball right before my brothers wedding and SIL made me cover the bruise with makeup haha.

I bought a couple pairs of toeless hose and they are awful. The foot of the hose was constantly creeping up onto my in-step. Also, there was a color difference from foot to toes. I would rather wear very very sheer hose than struggle with the toesless hose.

Well, I'm in the minority here! Until last fall I worked at an office where you had to wear hose under skirts or dresses, regardless of the Florida heat in summer. Most of my shoes are open toed, so I always wore toeless hose. I just found a colour that wasn't much different from my skin tone, and since the shoes I wore had a strap over the top of my foot, you didn't see the line of demarcation, so the colour difference wasn't really noticeable (unless I pointed it out to you).

Some brands are more comfortable that others. And you really need to make sure you are wearing the right size because if they are too snug then that little strap really hurts in between the toes!

Ditto Water Baby. I often wore toeless hose at my old job. The trick really is to find the right color in very sheer hose so people really can't tell that your are wearing them but you legs looks better than bare, kwim? That said they wouldn't be the best choice to camoflage a bruise.

I was watching that wedding show on WE with David Tutera, My Fair Wedding. He wanted to cover up a bride's tattoo with makeup and they used this aerosol makeup.. I thought that was so cool and it worked so well.. So if the bruise really bothers you and you are considering covering it up, maybe some aerosol makeup..

I know you brought up toe-less nylons, but when a few others mention covering the bruise with makeup, it made me think of how they covered that tattoo so perfectly.

I second the make-up. There is probably special make-up you can find but I've used a blend of my bare minerals make up to cover a leg bruise before. I used my "well-rested" concealer, "fairly light" foundation, and a little "warmth" for color and blending (only a small amt needed).. then lightly dusted with mineral veil.

Archived