Crown Review 1/25-2/1 Part 1 - Long

Trish Traveler

"Next stop, also located here, was Publix grocery store and Total Wine; where after enjoying a complimentary wine tasting, we purchased wine to bring onboard."

How does Total Wine package the wine, is it in a carry bag(box), or in paper or plastic grocery bags?

Thanks

We did not get a box, but perhaps they do have them. I believe it was just a brown paper bag on the bottle, then into a plastic bag. We then wrapped them in bubble wrap at the hotel to place in our carry ons. At the end of the cruise, we used the bubble wrap for the rum we had bought to bring home in our checked luggage. All three bottles of rum made it home fine.

Trish, thanks for the great review. It sounds like the bedding was new and not the old bedspreads shown in the photo. Can you confirm this?

Also, I have only purchased wine in a port once and it was taken from us when we got back on the ship (it was not a Princess ship) and returned to us the last day. What is Princess' policy regarding bringing wine back from a port?

Looking forward to hearing more about Crown.

Can't answer about wine, but brought back several bottles of the hard stuff on St.Marteen last week. Walked by the table they had set up for alcohol with a nod and a smile. They seemed to only take your liquor if you stopped to give it to them.

Thanks for the great review. We (group of 9) are headed out of Chicago for the Crown on 3/22/09. Trying to decide between the ES and the Hilton on the beach. Stayed at the ES on our last cruise. After you positive comments on ES, I think we will be there again for the night before departure.

Trish, thanks for the great review. It sounds like the bedding was new and not the old bedspreads shown in the photo. Can you confirm this?

Also, I have only purchased wine in a port once and it was taken from us when we got back on the ship (it was not a Princess ship) and returned to us the last day. What is Princess' policy regarding bringing wine back from a port?

Looking forward to hearing more about Crown.

I don't know if the bedspreads were new or not as I have never been on a Princess ship before. The bedspreads were similar to the ones on the Princess website except ours was a different color. We didn't even leave this on our bed most of the week. What we loved was the fluffy white, duvet blanket covering underneath.

We didn't buy any wine in port, so don't know what the official policy is about bringing it onboard at any time besides embarkation. The rum we bought to take home was collected some of the time and other times not, for delivery to the cabin on the last day.

Here's the link to Part 2

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=921345

Trish ~ thanks so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. Please be sure to submit your review (with parts 2 & 3) to the Cruise Critic REVIEWS section as well.

We sail on Crown in just about a month so I thoroughly enjoyed reading your review. Can't wait to step onboard! :) Thanks again!

Archived