Huge Discount - 12/6/09 - Golden to Hawaii

Lynda90

Red Hat:

I just checked the Princess website and it came back with a 2,099 for the lowest mini rate for the Dec 6, 2009 cruise. We have cruised 3 times on princess and were signed in when I got the quote. Are you a Gold memeber and that is why your price is even lower??

Rick

Platinum, so it could be a past passenger discount

We are going to Hawaii on the Golden on Oct 11, 2009 and my TA called yesterday and was able to get a reduction.... about $550 per person, so I was thrilled! Thank you Cruise Critic boards....that is where I heard about the reduction and then called my TA. Thank you...Thank you!!

This is another one that we didn't see any reduced rates on. I am getting really frustrated with the way they are doing their marketing. I am one cruise away from Elite (but not one of those who got the promo to a one time upgrade).

Just to clarify about the weather in LA, we do have a brief "rainy season." Most, if not all, of our rain for the year tends to fall between November and March. Last night, we had a couple of inches of rain that fell within a few hours, which was quite something to watch from our window at 2am.

Just got an email from my TA today with a new re-fare on our Hawaiian cruise. This particular cruise has been reduced by a huge amount. It may have to do with the new past passenger rates that Princess has been promoting lately, but it's worth a try for those of you on that cruise or looking to sail to Hawaii. I have never seen the prices so low. I logged into "my Princess" and checked the prices in the booking area. The huge discount only shows in conjunction with my past passenger number. It does not show without first logging in.

I can't wait to become a 'past passenger' so I can get these great 'past passenger rates' everyone is raving about :o

but then my cruise will be over :eek: :(

This is another one that we didn't see any reduced rates on. I am getting really frustrated with the way they are doing their marketing. I am one cruise away from Elite (but not one of those who got the promo to a one time upgrade).

Did they offer this specific voyage as one of the upgrades? The smaller ships are always more expensive per diem (usually averaging upwards of $150-$200/day) and the balcony cabin for you cruise is averaging $180/day. Not all voyages/ships are part of the promo. The only time I've seen the little ships have deep discounts is when time is running short and they're still basically "empty."

The only reason I chose the Star over the Golden is because I've never been on the Star and I'll be on the Golden to Hawaii.

We've only sailed on the Star once, but we thought the food on her was just about the best we've ever had on a cruise. It was consistently very, very good. :)

Archived