Best way to get to Mendenhall Glacier??

chris2597

I assume you will be going from the cruise ship port in Juneau...

Anyway, just off the boat and dock the down there will be lots of vendors with buses selling rides to MG. Some sell other tours and things in combo if you want that. I believe we paid $7 each last year, one way (we got picked up by Harv & Marv at the glacier). It was like a school bus. Its about a 15 minute ride over the glacier. You can of course arrange a return trip on the bus.

I have to say I'm jealous. I would LOVE to go back again. The glacier is absolutely beautiful! And don't miss Mt Roberts tram (right there at the dock). The view up there is awesome!

I assume you will be going from the cruise ship port in Juneau...

Anyway, just off the boat and dock the down there will be lots of vendors with buses selling rides to MG. Some sell other tours and things in combo if you want that. I believe we paid $7 each last year, one way (we got picked up by Harv & Marv at the glacier). It was like a school bus. Its about a 15 minute ride over the glacier. You can of course arrange a return trip on the bus.

I have to say I'm jealous. I would LOVE to go back again. The glacier is absolutely beautiful! And don't miss Mt Roberts tram (right there at the dock). The view up there is awesome!

Thank you, TampaJules for the tips. Were Harv/Marv at the dock? Did you arrange with them a head of time or right at the dock?

This is our first Alaskan cruise and we are very excited about seeing everything we can. Any other hints??

We have cruised the Wester/Eastern Caribbean so this will be a whole new experience for us. My dh's parents are retired and live in Fla. We have tried to encourage them to join us to no avail. I think they feel the plane ride will be too long and expensive.

There are Mendenhall Glacier shuttle buses. Booths are on the dock, next to the library and tram. Purchase tickets upon arrival. Harv and Marv need to be booked in advance.

You are best to do your homework, look over a shore excursion list and narrow down your interests. Then select tours you wish to go on.

Archived