Voyager vs Freedom class?

Hi, folks. Can anybody tell me the basic difference betw Voyager & Freedom class ships? We sailed on Liberty this past November and LOVED it--perfect for the kids, vowed never to go down in class and miss any of those family-centric amenities. But I'm shopping for a spring 2010 cruise, and prefer the itinerary on Adventure. The features listed sound very similar to Liberty's: ice rink, basketball court, Johnny Rockets, Promenade. It's also got a Portofino, spa, Adventure Ocean, mini golf. So what am I missing, and what would we be missing if we sailed Adventure vs. Liberty? Thanks so much.

Liberty of the Seas vs. Adventure of the Seas

The freedom class ships are slightly longer than the Voyager class ships. The Royal Promenade is not as long on Adventure OTS as Liberty OTS, and lacks a few shops. On the Royal Promenade, Adventure OTS does NOT have Vintages wine bar. Instead, Adventure OTS has a sports bar. (FYI, both ships have a sports bar in the Viking Crown lounge.) Adventure has an in-line skating track on the sports deck, instead of a Flowrider. Adventure OTS only has one teen center, instead of two as on Liberty. Adventue's only specialty resturaunt is Portofino's, while Liberty also has Chops Grille. Liberty OTS has the Large H2O Zone, while Adventure OTS only has Adventure Beach, a small pool area that is partially covered. (For the kids.) Adventure OTS does NOT have hot tubs extending over the sides of the ship. Adventure of the Seas also lacks a photo gallery. There is No "Squeeze" juice Bar on Adventure. Instead, there is a florist. Adventure OTS does not have Jade. instead, Adventure OTS has Island Grille. I got all my info from Royal Caribbean's Virtual tours on their website, and Travelocity's "Intelli-deck" floorplans.

Adventure, Explorer and Voyager have steel balconies that are built inside the hull of the ship. They are very cavelike and private, and have fixed dividers between the balconies so if you have two balcony cabins in a row, the divider cannot be opened. The steel comes up about 2/3 the way, and is then topped with glass. On Mariner, Navigator and the Freedom class ships, it is entirely glass, so the view is wider.

As well, avoid a balcony on deck 6 on these 3 ships if possible, because the balcony opening slightly narrower so the part you see out of is slightly smaller. Not a dealbreaker if deck 6 is all that's available, but it's something to be aware of if you have a choice to go higher.

Balconies are larger (deeper) on Freedom class ships. Freedom has On Air Club, Voyager class does not. Freedom class has a separate Ben & Jerry's while Voyager class serves ice cream in the cafe promenade. Freedom class has A Close Shave, Get Out There store and Sorrentos Italian, Voyager class does not.

Archived