A couple questions about IOS - Re: 18 YOs and also Game Room?

cjtwer

Our family of 6 will be on IOS next month and we are all really excited. We have 4 kids ages 7 - 18,

First, does IOS have a game room? Just wondering if we should bring our favorite board game with us (Settlers of Catan).

Last summer we went a Princess cruise and everyday they had a couple activities organized for 18 - 20 year olds.

I just looked at the Compass from a 11/08 IOS sailings and didn't see anything special activities like this mentioned.

DS is 18 and a senior in high school. It seems odd to me that a 18 YO high school senior is too old for the teen club. It was the same on princess though.

I'm sure he'll still have a great time if there aren't any activities planned for his age group but I was just wondering if there are.

I looked at the regular compass, not the ones for kids/teens. I know they each have their own for each age group. On the princess cruise the 18- 20 YO activities were listed on the Princess version of the regular compass so I was thinking that's where RCCL might list their activities too.

I looked at the regular compass, not the ones for kids/teens. I know they each have their own for each age group. On the princess cruise the 18- 20 YO activities were listed on the Princess version of the regular compass so I was thinking that's where RCCL might list their activities too.

As I said, I really have no experience with any kids / teens activities onboard, but I know that I´ve never seen any of those activities listed in the regular compass. So I doubt you´ll find the 18-20YO activities there, that is if there are any. From reading posts on here I think that the higher age groups don´t have many/any structured programms.

There are supposedly a few mixers for the 18-20 yr olds. I have never really noticed them on the compass but I will check the ones I have for our Mariner cruises. I also have an 18 yr old HS senior who has enjoyed the teen program in the past. I know on his first Mariner cruise in 2007, they were turning 18 yr olds away but on our most recent Mariner cruise in June 2008, they did allow 18 yr olds in if they signed a waiver giving up their gambling rights. My son actually hung around most of the week in the living room with a group of 18 yr olds.

I know we are going to run into the same issue you are if we do end up cruising in June again.

Thanks for last link, Madforcruising. :)

Reallyismema, thanks for that info. That's exactly what they called it on the princess cruise, "A Mixer" I think he'd have a great time hanging out in the Living Room with other 18 YOs though so hopefully that works out.

Another good place to meet other teens was out on the sports deck. There are lots of organized activities on the basketball court all day long. My son participated in the teen games as well as the adult games since they were allowing 16 and up into the adult basketball and dodgeball games.

Archived