Home from Western Med 12 night on the NCL Jade

CruisinEurope

Just got home from a GREAT vacation in the Western Med on the NCL Jade.

4 of us, DH and I and two kiddos -ages 5 & 7

We did:

Barcelona

Rome

Athens

Izmir (Ephesus)

Alexandria (Cairo)

Valletta, Malta

We had a BC (balcony) cabin (queen, fold out sofa, pull down)

There were only 70 kids on board, and no more than 10 in the kids club at any one time.

I'll be posting a review of the trip from a family point of view soon.

Questions????

Just got home from a GREAT vacation in the Western Med on the NCL Jade.

4 of us, DH and I and two kiddos -ages 5 & 7

We did:

Barcelona

Rome

Athens

Izmir (Ephesus)

Alexandria (Cairo)

Valletta, Malta

We had a BC (balcony) cabin (queen, fold out sofa, pull down)

There were only 70 kids on board, and no more than 10 in the kids club at any one time.

I'll be posting a review of the trip from a family point of view soon.

Questions????

How great for the kids to see the pyramids at such young ages!!!! It took me until I was 20yo!!! my favorite place I ever visited...and I have been all over. But the history there!!Wow.

We took our brood to the Med last summer and it too was great. we really wanted to get Cairo in but it is too difficult to get all the ports we want in the summer. Next round must of course include Italy again and we want to do Athens and Istanbul as well. Hard to get those ports and Cairo in one cruise so we may just to Egypt by itself at some point....probably the far off future, sad to say.

We were lucky enough to take our 5 and 7 year old on an NCL Gem Mediterranean cruise this summer. What fun! Malta! FABULOUS, and very different.

Loved the NCL Gem, and its bowling alley, and fun Freestyle Dining, and Kids Club. Would go back in a heartbeat!

CeleBrat

We are doing the same route this summer! Can either you or Celebrat offer a hotel to stay in Barcelona? I would like to add 2 days just for Barcelona!

Thanks!!!!!

-Bill

We stayed at the Amister Hotel in Barcelona. Nice hotel - but not in a "prime" location. I'd recommend it - but only because of the rooms/breakfast/etc. Not for being able to walk to Las Ramblas.

Cruisin4Kix--

We stayed at the Gallerie Hotel in Barcelona, which was located centrally in Barcelona. Check out the pics--and review of our trip here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=820569&highlight=

Enjoy!--CeleBrat

Beautiful review!!! Thank you so much.....!

One other question, please: Did you exchange money prior to leaving, on the ship or at the hotel or other:confused::confused:

Thanks to both!

-Bill

Beautiful review!!! Thank you so much.....!

One other question, please: Did you exchange money prior to leaving, on the ship or at the hotel or other:confused::confused:

Thanks to both!

-Bill

we live in Europe, so it was easy to get Euros.

HOWEVER - we did get more at a local Barcelona ATM. You can also exchange $$ on the ship if you need to.

Be sure to tell your bank you're traveling overseas if you want to take $$ out of the ATMs so that they don't freeze your accounts :D

(oh, you can also usually order Euro,etc. from your local bank. just inquire what fees may apply)

Well' date=' NCL should give you a commission - I just booked this cruise for 1/3/10. I love the itinerary and can't wait!

Best,

Mia[/quote']

LOL!

HEY NCL!!!! HEY NCL!!!!!

:D:D:D

Thanks, though! I'm sure you're going to have a GREAT time!

Start planning your shore excursions now to get the great guides - and be sure to start (or join) a roll call to find others to share those great guides with (if you want).

I am SOOOOO envious! Take me back with you? I don't take up much space and can easily live out on the balcony the whole time! :D:D

Archived