Jeep tour in Freeport

DG1108

Has anyone used the Best of Bahamas Jeep Tour excursion? My wife and I will be in Freeport on the 18th of Feb and was wanting to do the jeep thing bur had read that it was only offered through the cruiselines.

We did the Jeep Tour through NCL in January and it was our favorite excursion for the whole cruise. NCL uses Grand Bahamas Nature Tours for the Jeep excursion. The tour lasted 6 hours and we went all over the island. I would definitely bring a light jacket or sweatshirt in case it's cold and breezy. I have pictures on my blog (see signature) in the cruise part 2 photos of the excursion.

We went to Taino beach, million dollar row, pine forest, Ben's Cave, Port Lucaya, Garden of the Groves (had lunch there), and other places I can't remember. Since it was in the 40's the day we went, we were given the option to skip the hour at the beach and go shopping at Port Lucaya instead. We had two people that wanted to go swimming, so we did a quick stop at Taino Beach and then went to Port Lucaya's Straw Market.

I think there is only one Jeep Excursion company on the island, so I assume Carnival would use the same operator. Oh, they have CB Radios in all the Jeeps so that Tony, our guide, could talk to us the whole tour. This was an awesome tour!

Oh, my avatar picture was taken on Taino Beach in January...can you tell it was cold?!?

Thanks for the info Redhead Texan. Were excited about doing this excursion, hopfully we will have warmer temps. Did you have arrange your own transportation from the ship, or did they have a shuttle that picked you up from the port?

Thank you! My DH bought me a DSLR prior to the cruise and I had a blast taking pictures...took about 200 on Grand Bahamas. Since we booked through the ship, a bus picked us up at the port and drove us about 15 minutes away to the jeeps.

I doubt the weather will be as cold as we had. The locals told us that the day we were there was a record breaker. Brrr. I am just happy that I decided to pack my sweatshirt for the cruise at the last minute.

We did the Jeep Tour through NCL in January and it was our favorite excursion for the whole cruise. NCL uses Grand Bahamas Nature Tours for the Jeep excursion. The tour lasted 6 hours and we went all over the island. I would definitely bring a light jacket or sweatshirt in case it's cold and breezy. I have pictures on my blog (see signature) in the cruise part 2 photos of the excursion.

We went to Taino beach, million dollar row, pine forest, Ben's Cave, Port Lucaya, Garden of the Groves (had lunch there), and other places I can't remember. Since it was in the 40's the day we went, we were given the option to skip the hour at the beach and go shopping at Port Lucaya instead. We had two people that wanted to go swimming, so we did a quick stop at Taino Beach and then went to Port Lucaya's Straw Market.

I think there is only one Jeep Excursion company on the island, so I assume Carnival would use the same operator. Oh, they have CB Radios in all the Jeeps so that Tony, our guide, could talk to us the whole tour. This was an awesome tour!

Oh, my avatar picture was taken on Taino Beach in January...can you tell it was cold?!?

we are thinking of taking this excursion in a couple weeks when we visit via the SKY, we are in port 8 - 5, what time do they pick you up? Where do you go for the jeeps? didnt know if it was Port Lucuya so we could do a little shopping when the tour was done then catch a cab back to the ship???

we are thinking of taking this excursion in a couple weeks when we visit via the SKY, we are in port 8 - 5, what time do they pick you up? Where do you go for the jeeps? didnt know if it was Port Lucuya so we could do a little shopping when the tour was done then catch a cab back to the ship???

The jeep pickup/dropoff is not near Port Lucaya, and normally shopping there is not included (too cold for swimming, so we went Port Lucaya instead). There is a small straw market at Taino Beach (8 booths). I think we met on the dock at 9:00am or so.

We sailed on the Sky during the week of 1/26/09 and did this excursion. It was fun! I would say that it's overpriced, but what excursion isn't? I'd say go for it!

We had a blast and it even included lunch.

It was also our favorite excursion. Well......parasailing and the Jeep tour are tied with each other......but the Jeep excursion lasted longer!

HAVE FUN!

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Thank You for all the help. I was wanting to do this Jeep excursion because, The reviews have been great and it seems worth the money and sound fun. do you get your own jeep per 2 people or do you have others with you? and I see they pick you up, where do they return you and how do you get back to the port?

We sailed on the Sky during the week of 1/26/09 and did this excursion. It was fun! I would say that it's overpriced, but what excursion isn't? I'd say go for it!

We had a blast and it even included lunch.

It was also our favorite excursion. Well......parasailing and the Jeep tour are tied with each other......but the Jeep excursion lasted longer!

HAVE FUN!

Can you please tell me where you parasailed at? Thanks!

Thank you for your help! Is that a private beach? We will be sailing on the Carnival Magic in May and trying to find a beautiful beach for grandchildren to enjoy.

You're welcome!

It is Norwegian's private island. I think that Carnival's island that is right there in the same area is Half Moon Cay....?

Archived