want to know a few thing about the pacific sun

hisarah15

im going on the pacific sun on march 21st 2009 and wanted to know a few things

1) do they have softdrink cards on board

2) what type of money to i need while i'm ashore

3) is the kids club any good for a 12 year old

4) what is the earlyest time i can get on the ship as i live on the gold coast

5) i have a inside Guarantee Cabins and i log on to my Cruise Personaliser it was fine then when i filled out my details and had to log off before i was finsh for some reason now it will not let me back in to finsh filling out my details one of witch is my passport details do you think they might be changing our cabin or do you think i should freak out

6)anyone know the best way to get to the cruise tremel at brisbane from the gold coast

7)since i was three when the last time i went on a p&o cruise am i able to go to the past guess party and would my little brother be able to come with us as he is the only on to not been on a p&o cruise before

pretty much any info about this cruise would helpful as the last time i was 3 on the fairstar and now that this is my 22 birthday pressie from my mother who coming with me (i think she just wanted to go on holiday and she using me as reason to go lol)

fairstar in 1990

royal carabbin 2004

carnvial sprit in 20/08/08 (alska) 21st pressie

carnvial inmagation 30/08/08 (carabbin ) pressie

AND SOON PACIFIC SUN 21/03/09

countdown.pl?name=&date=3-21-2009&image=Beach-2&text=&ship=Pacific Sun

thank you for any help you can give me

and sorry about my spelling :p

hisarah

I can answer a couple of your questions. As far as I know they don't have a soft drink card, but the cans are only @2 ea

As far as money ashore it depends where you're going. They will take aussie dollars in Vila but in noumea you'll need some south pacific francs which you can exchange at the Purser's desk

5) i have a inside Guarantee Cabins and i log on to my Cruise Personaliser it was fine then when i filled out my details and had to log off before i was finsh for some reason now it will not let me back in to finsh filling out my details one of witch is my passport details do you think they might be changing our cabin or do you think i should freak out

6)anyone know the best way to get to the cruise tremel at brisbane from the gold coast

7)since i was three when the last time i went on a p&o cruise am i able to go to the past guess party and would my little brother be able to come with us as he is the only on to not been on a p&o cruise before

pretty much any info about this cruise would helpful as the last time i was 3 on the fairstar and now that this is my 22 birthday pressie from my mother who coming with me (i think she just wanted to go on holiday and she using me as reason to go lol)

Hi Sarah,

I might be able to help with some of your questions, although I haven't been on the Pacific Sun, only the Pacific Dawn. Some have already been answered.

1 - as already answered, no! But you can take soft drinks with you if you want.

2 - again already answered, depends where you're going.

3 - my kids were 6 and 7, and they loved it. I think some of the older kids may have got a bit bored, but you should encourage your brother to go on the first night to meet up with some other kids his age. Then they can hang out together. Kids older than 8 can sign themselves in or out of kids club if they have their parents permission, and I assume a 12 year old would be granted that, as long as they are responsible.

4 - Many people here have said they have been able to board by mid-day, and even earlier. I know that when boarding the Pac Dawn you can check in your luggage very early, then come back later on. I assume it's the same with the Pac Sun, but someone else should know.

5 - if you still can't get on, contact your travel agent or P&O, whichever one you booked through.

6 - can't help with this one. Try doing a search. I'm sure this would have come up in the past.

7 - not sure about this one either. I didn't bother on our last cruise, and I don't even recall if there was one!

I saw one of your other posts about sleeping on the top bunk. If he's in the same cabin, I'd get your brother up there, and you and your Mum have the bottom bunks.:p

I hope you all have a fantastic time!:D:D

fairstar in 1990

royal carabbin 2004

carnvial sprit in 20/08/08 (alska) 21st pressie

carnvial inmagation 30/08/08 (carabbin ) pressie

AND SOON PACIFIC SUN 21/03/09

countdown.pl?name=&date=3-21-2009&image=Beach-2&text=&ship=Pacific Sun

thank you for any help you can give me

and sorry about my spelling :p

hisarah15m,

6) If I were you I would take a nice leisurely train from Gold Coast ( off peak so you get a seat) get off at Central Station and catch a Taxi ($15 approx) to terminal in Hamiton.There is buses that run from Central but would be difficult with baggage.

Have a great time!

Hi!

3) My son is 11 (12 in July) - and he goes to the kids club occassionally! They have 'privillege' which means they can sign themselves in and out - so we just set up a system where we would leave a post-it note on the mirror in our cabin so he knew where we would be. He would go for some of the activities (particularly on sea days) - or to play PlayStation, but wouldn't stay the whole time (unlike my daughter who would move in there if she could!):D

6) as someone has suggested, do a search, as I know some have found using a limo to be economical (if there's a few of you) and adds to the pre-cruise excitement! Otherwise I think P&O offer shuttle-buses from some of the major areas to the cruise terminal (as your T/A). (I know they were running one from Toowoomba where we are - not that we had used it - we drive down and leave the car in a long-term car park near the airport, and they drop us to the terminal).

7) There will be a card to fill in (in your cabin) about your past cruises - you complete the details (as much as you can remember) and return it - then you get an invite to the past-cruisers cocktail party. I don't think they run any checks on this info - so really anyone could put anything down and would probably get an invitation!

We are on 28th March cruise. We are travelling by car and parking at Andrew's Parking (near Airport). Costs about $9 per day. They will run you down to the terminal and pick you up again. You just give them a quick call (if they are not already there).

Enjoy your cruise

We have booked the Black Pearl tour at SavuSavu; Fiji's capital - historical musuem and city highlights tour in Noumea. Have not booked anything in Vila (we have been there before). There is plenty to see and do in Vila without going on tours. We have been told to be very careful in Fiji with gangs stealing your gear. Also the shopkeepers are very good at changing the goods you have purchased and you end up with some crappy thing you did not buy.

Recommend you book your tours now. DO NOT wait until you get on board or you could be very disappointed.

If you go to Roll Call for our trip, you will see we have started to organise a get together on board.

Can't wait.

Archived