You know it's close to your cruise and you are excited when ...

lka1012

. . . when your (much younger) co-workers wish you would stop humming the theme song to "The Love Boat" and sing the WORDS instead so they learn them and sing along;

. . . when they gather around your desk everyday to hear the tales of Captain Stubing, Doc, Julie McCoy . . . and how Gopher actually served in Congress . . .

. . . .when your boss screams "STOP SINGING Y'ALL!" when she hears the "Love Boat" theme being sung by 10 people at weekly staff meeting. . .

(yep, it's that bad)

When you read the local newpaper, reading the section that shows ship arrivals for the next week and there is the ship you are sailing on, so you know your departure is in less than seven days!!!!!! OH WHAT A GREAT FEELING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you have a great roll call board and know your fellow CC cruisers, by their handles, real names, significant other's names, where they are from and what their likes and dislikes are and you can't wait the 21 days to meet them in person!!:D

When your next cruise is coming up and you start looking for another deal so you have more to look forward too.

When you start checking the weather in the ports you'll be visiting.

When you start weighing your luggage and try to decide what to leave home because it is 51 pounds. (new regulations on most airlines is 50 pounds or there is a $25.00 charge) If you tip the skycap a bit more he will let it slide...came home with a 52 pound suitcase...dirty clothes weigh more!

Not only do dirty clothes weight more . . . they also take up more room.;)

Is that ever true. I always pack a plastic bag for the dirty stuff and try my best to fold them, but they are bigger I swear (I am sure it has nothing to do with stretching them out after eating too much ;)

Archived