You know it's close to your cruise and you are excited when ...

lka1012

You have typed your booking number so many times to see if you have a cabin assignment yet, you have your booking number memorized

The same goes for some of your ports of call

You have made the roll call for your cruise your home page

any others folks ...

You set your watch to the local time at the port of departure, so you can get acclimated and be wide awake for fun at the right times and hungry at your assigned dining time. You do this days ahead, even at the cost of terrible inconvenience in your current pre-cruise life.

.............you're frantically dieting to lose those last 5 lbs so you can get into your bathing suit (among other things:eek: )

.............people come to your home 4 weeks before you're travelling and wonder why there are open suitcases and clothes hanging all over the place:D

.............and you're desperately trying to book another cruise so you'll have something to look forward to when you come home!

When I go into the every-week mode of reviewing my packing list, that's when I know I'm within a month of leaving. Then it really gets exciting.

BTW Cactuslady ... that's the reason I wear a multi-time-zone watch, so I can flick over any time I want to see what time it is at my departure port. For instance, it's nearly nine p.m. in Amsterdam as I type this! Am I pathetic or what? :D

I know it is getting close when there is a pile of "stuff" on my dresser. DH began about 3 weeks ago and it has suddenly taken on a life of it's own :eek:

Let's see yesterday's addition to the pile was 4 bottles of sunscreen (love drugstore.com in the winter) for the 3 of us for a 10 day cruise...Gee, think that is enough?

Can't complain too much, DD said there are some Christmas presents in small packages buried in that pile! ;)

We just got the bill for our final payment on our 3/20/05 Volendam voyage - the balance is due January 4, 2005 - the reality sets in - we haven't even gotten the credit card statement for the Med Cruise we just returned from!

ekerr19

You got your bill alreay\dy for your cruise on Mar 20?

We haven't gotten our bill yet for our Feb 28th cruise.

Someone wants your money NOW!

The TA sent it, but - it is not due til 1/4/05... our TA knows we like advance notice - especially around the holidays! :D

Good news, the Noordam cruise (shipboard account) only came in at $1200 for both of us - I spent $280 in the jewelry shop on one item, so I can't complain!

When you look at the number of days left on your calender and KNOW that you're not going to lose those 5 lbs, so you better find a different bathing suit.

When you stop even caring that the bathing suit doesn't fit. Hell, I could always buy another! :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived