Atlantis LA-Mexico Oct 2009 (Mariner of the Seas)

mwwkw

hey guys, it's nice to see some activity on this thread. We're really looking forward to this cruise as it will be our first Fall cruise and my husband's first time on the West coast. I have to temper my excitement a bit since we still have the whole summer (if any of you are coming to Provincetown this summer, say hi).

Also what happens if this ship doesn't fill up.

Looks like this ship is filling up nicely. Looking at the room type I booked, N-Interrior, its gone from "available" to "limited". :cool:

davemspec on 05/23/2009:

I just found out I can't do this one cuz of vacation policy at my new job. Oh well, I've done it three times already! Have a blast guys. :D

davemspec on 06/04/2009:

Got a "tentative" approval from my new HR Director...so the cruise might be back on! (fingers crossed!)

Read your latest message while I was at work (e-mail notification only) and had a totally different reaction with the way you worded it this time. After your first post, I assumed the policy had to be concerning taking a certain amount of time off (a week off)--possibly even at certain times of the month/quarter or near holidays.

Your latest message made me think... Oh my! I don't think I'd be happy working at a job that said I couldn't go on this cruise because it would publicly acknowledge I'm gay (started thinking of perhaps a newscaster, public official, teacher or something). :eek:

My original guess (taking x amount of consecutive days off) was correct, right? :rolleyes:

I'm starting a brand new job at the end of June and I wasn't sure if they'd give me a week off. The policy is you get two weeks after one year of employment, but like I said I think they are willing to work with me! We shall see...this is a great trip!

• 2 weeks later...
Looking forwad to it.

Love your typo. Looking for wad.... :D

I hope we can get some more guys chatting here.

You and me both. I keep hitting the Atlantis411 page for this cruise almost daily hoping to see it updated. I should be included in the update and I'm dying to see pictures of more people going on the cruise. :rolleyes:

I have not posted for a while but am still booked. Actually I paid my balance and booked my airfare. Looking forwad to it. I hope we can get some more guys chatting here.

Hi, stranger, long time no see! Any chances of you going on a RSVP Caribbean cruise again soon?

Hello Peter,

Love RSVP as well but as my vacation time is fixed to the school calendar I can only sail if the dates line up. Maybe 2011?

Yeah, I remember it being an issue back in 2007. Next Year's cruise is a bit earlier but maybe still a problem. We have a few friends going on this cruise.

My name is Jon. I've sailed every October with Atlantis for about 8 years now, plus I've sailed the Caribbean, Alaska, and Hawaii with Atlantis too. I'm a good looking, active, in shape white guy. Short clipped hair, blue eyes, 5-7, 150. I always enjoy lazy days at the pool, the parties, the ports, and all the entertainment. I'm not a crazy party guy, but I do like to dance the night away. Really just looking for a roommate, nothing more.

I am booked on an upcoming Atlantis Cruise to Mexico October 18-25 in cabin 8620 and am looking for a roommate. If you're looking to get onboard and want a nice room and and roommate, let me know. Trip details are at atlantisevents.com The cost is about $1,800. You can contact me at jgray95126@yahoo.com.

My name is Jon. I've sailed every October with Atlantis for about 8 years now, plus I've sailed the Caribbean, Alaska, and Hawaii with Atlantis too. I'm a good looking, active, in shape white guy. Short clipped hair, blue eyes, 5-7, 150. I always enjoy lazy days at the pool, the parties, the ports, and all the entertainment. I'm not a crazy party guy, but I do like to dance the night away. Really just looking for a roommate, nothing more.

I am booked on an upcoming Atlantis Cruise to Mexico October 18-25 in cabin 8620 and am looking for a roommate. If you're looking to get onboard and want a nice room and and roommate, let me know. Trip details are at atlantisevents.com The cost is about $1,800. You can contact me at jgray95126@yahoo.com.

Hey guy, howdy from Texas--we're gonna be neighbors. My partner and I are in Cabin 8618--see ya on board! Hope you find a cabinmate

Todd

Well looks like the "who's going" listing for LA to Mexico Oct '09 on atlantis411.net got updated. I see I got listed... Incorrectly. :\

I'm the "Daniel" at the bottom of the page. Looks like someone else's picture got posted and my age went up (I should be listed at 25-34). Also, it says 34 cruisers listed, but there are only 22. At least my web site link is correct so people can see correct pictures of me. :D

I dropped them an e-mail. Hopefully they get things fixed up soon. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys. I’m very excited to have booked my first real cruise. I’ve done a few day cruises on the rivers of Europe, but nothing like this.

I’m curious about a few things. How inclusive is the all inclusive nature of a cruise like this? Are there surcharges for certain restaurants? What about room service?

Drinks? I read something from another cruise about people buying cards for drinks… and they were just talking sodas. From what I can tell, all soft drinks, water and juices are included on this cruise. (My roommate is asking about Redbull - I guess the point here is to ask about variety). I’d like to know about wine with dinner and cocktails around the pool. It’s pretty clear these are extra, but are the prices reasonable?

What other extras should I budget in? Are all other activities onboard included?

While Cruises are indeed "somewhat" all-inclusive, they are not 100% so.

Sodas, Redbull, wine,Liquor, specialty coffees, are NOT included in your cruise fare, nor is ice cream from the Ben & Jerry's outlet ALL EXTRA.

An all inclusive "soda" pass is usually offered, for a set fee, that allows for unlimited soda from "bar guns", not cans (so not useful at temporary bar setups or rolling trolleys). Usually priced at whatever three beverages a day equates to. (regular price is about USD 1.95 per soda)

Regular coffee, iced tea, and certain fruit style beverages (lemonade, punch) are free in restaurants, buffets.

On the Mariner there are several "upcharge" opportunities for food: Johnny Rockets, the coffee bar, the snack location on the Promenade, and the two specialty restaurants come to mind (Chops/Portofino). Johnny Rockets is $4.95 regardless of what you order food wise (Milkshakes are extra).

There is apparently (on regular sailings) a service charge for room service between the hours of midnight and 5am, excluding breakfast orders

Here's a great primer for the ship.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review_page2.cfm?ShipID=274#dining

Please note that Atlantis often extends the hours of food service for the Windjammer buffet, especially on evenings with big night parties. This is often until 2:-3:00 a.m or later. so the room service issue might not be a problem.

Thanks. I had read this and similar info at the RC site, but after seeing there are some differences with between regular RC cruises and Atlantis, I wanted to hear more from someone familiar with Atlantis.

I look forward to having a great time!

• 2 weeks later...

Yaay guys... Less than 100 days left until the cruise. :D

Also looks like Atlantis411 updated their page on this cruise again. They fixed my listing, added a few more people going on this cruise, but didn't get to fixing the cruiser count. At least they fixed the important things. :rolleyes:

The countdown continues. Everyone should have made their final payment on this cruise on Monday (07/20/2009). :rolleyes:

Glad thats out of the way now so I just got to pick a hotel in LA to stay in before the cruise and I'm pretty much set. :D

OK - my friend called me last night and he wants to go. His first cruise; mine (too many to count-23??) Well, I'm so excited. I was watching the DVD's that Atlantis produces showing highlights of the last several Mexico cruises I've done...and all I can say if you still want to get on board there are still cabins available. Absolutely nothing can compare to an all gay charter cruise. They are worth it and more. I guess with a larger ship and weak economy the demand isn't there - but just looking at the photos of the ship - unbelievable!! It's going to be a fabulous trip. I can't wait.

Archived