Calories in Cruise Drinks

sweetpea0509

I understand, from well respected experts, that Carnival has never allowed calories on any of their cruises and therefore there are none in the drinks, nor the chocolate melting cake, etc. I am sure there is a scientific formula that would prove this fact, but I'm not sure there is enough room on these postings for all that. ENJOY!!!

The Bud Light I'm drinking right now has 112 calories. A strawberry daquiri on Carnival probably has something like 87,112. It's best not to think about it. They're sweet. Just cut back before and/or after your cruise or spend some time in the gym paying pennance during the cruise. Besides, by the look of your pics, you don't need to worry about it anyways. Enjoy your cruise :)

I read somewhere once that a pina colada has the calories as a McDonalds Big Mac. Don't know what ingredients they are including in the pina colada, but I take mine with a little Pineapple juice, cream of coconut, vanilla icecream, rim the glass with toasted coconut, oh and of course coconut rum. Calories shmalories.:D

Don't bother, you don't want to know. Instead:

• Never use the elevators. Go up the stairs two at a time (and don't care how silly it looks) and go down slowly.
  • Cut each item of diner in half and commit to not eating one of those halves.
  • The gym is your friend. Thirty to forty minutes exercise at a level that doesn't allow for normal conversation (or whatever level you're used to, don't martyr yourself and consult your physician, yada yada) can balance out a lot of dietetic abuse. And take the stairs to get there.
  • Accept the fact that you will gain weight on a cruise so enjoy.

I agree with poster number one. Carnival has perfected the decalorizer- each of the elevators are equipped with them as is each of the cabin doorways. They require sea air to function properly. So drink and eat away- you are safe from these pesky annoyances (calories) that are so common on land vacations.

There are no calories in the drinks or food on a cruise ship. All the weight gained is from the heavy sea air in your lungs.

The air is so heavy that it drags the lungs right on down to hip level. and shrinks clothes too!

Well, this is probably not what you want to hear, but the standard 1.5 oz. pour of grain alcohol is 115 calories, 3 oz. of wine is 85; when you start adding sugared fruit along with it (and whipped cream!), you're going to have a lot more (probably 450 or so in a strawberry daiquiri). A pina colada because it's made with coconut milk is ridiculous (but tasty!)...but they say nuts are a healthy fat, right??

How about work out really hard and diet before you go and your body will need a rest from the working out (I always take a week off from the gym once a qtr) and don't worry too much about the calories and enjoy everything and once you get back book another cruise which will motivate you to get back into the gym :D

Lowest calories are: Light beer, wine, or any kind of booze on the rocks or with water or soda.

Worst are: Foo Foo drinks. Anything with cream or sugar.

I also always take the stairs. Why wouldn't you? Don't you exercise every day and even MORE on cruise ships while you are eating extra food? Why would you EVER take an elevator except if you were late for an event or were carrying luggage on or off? I almost never do! For me, a higher deck is NOT an upgrade!

I save my calories for the stuff I really love. Like: Pacificos on the beach, and large portions at the supper club. I do admit to having a few regular beers on board while on vacation. But NOT the sugary stuff.

Lots of lardasses waddling around on these ships. I lost 45 pounds in the last year while taking 3 cruises. You can too. Hard part is deciding to make the change, while realizing what that means. (Shocking at first, then wonderful.) Then, follow through. I just skied 3 days at Mammoth Mountain, will ski another 4 days coming up at Aspen later this month. Much easier since I lost the weight. Even snorkeling and walking are better at a lower weight. Good luck!

Wendell

That's why I stick to vodka and diet coke throughout the week. Well, except for the first day, gotta have my Fun Ships. :o

I also take the stairs whenever possible. Sometimes I work out, sometimes I don't. I eat whatever I want at dinner, but I'm always nibbling throughout the day, so I never have big meals during the day. I rarely come home gaining weight. Now that body fat percentage...

I agree you don't go on the cruise to worry about your weight. I gain between 3 to 5 pounds on an 8 day cruise. Come back and get it off in two weeks. Vacation is for enjoying and indulging. I agree with all the posters about taking the stairs and going to the gym. Although we don't make it to the gym much on the ship even though we should.

The air is so heavy that it drags the lungs right on down to hip level. and shrinks clothes too!

Here I thought that was my imagination! :eek:

I know the fruity, foo-foo frozen drinks are very, very high in calories (and very, very delicious) - that said, I've never been a calorie counter myself. Take a lot of these suggestions in mind - like using the stairs instead of the elevator whenever possible (they get so crowded anyway!), keep active onboard (as opposed to just laying out with aforementioned frozen drinks all day) and adjust your diet/exercise routine a little before and after your cruise, and it should be okay.

I have a book about "Eat This, Not That," that suggests "clear" liquor and drinks on the rocks are better than the frozen, creamy options. Wine and light beer are also better options than a foo-foo drink. So, by all means, mix it up - have your foo-foo drink, but if you're doing more than one drink a day, try something with a lower calorie count as well.

My mouse hovered over this thread...to click or not to click....do I really want to know?

Ahhh....who am I kidding..even if they have a zillion calories, I'm drinking 'em...and I'm eating dessert too.:D The elliptical will be there waiting for me.

I was on a specialized diet on our last cruise. I gave myself permission to ease up a bit, had some DoDs but still exercised and I LOST 4 pounds on the cruise continuing my weekly losses.

I too love those frou frou drinks but have found some great substitutes. FUZE makes some terrific low calorie drinks that really can help mimic the fruity drinks. I use the 1/2 the fruit punch Fuze with coconut rum for an 85 calorie mock pina colada. I use 1/2 the kiwi stawberry with flavored vodkas for a mock sex on the beach at 80 calories. They also have a strawberry/blueberry mix and a pom/cranberry mix. I allow myself one glass of wine and one DoD a day and supplement with the above.

The bartender last cruise had no problem using my juice as a mixer and even would mix it up in the blender with ice when I wanted it that way. Just tip nicely!

Have fun and give yourself a little lee way. You can do it!

10 pounds to go here and I'll hit my high school weight again:D

Anyone know the calorie count in a BBC, or a virgin stawberry daiquiri?

Or any other od Carnival's delicious drinks? Or what is average for a alcoholic drink.

You really don't wanna know - trust me. :p :D

Lowest calories are: Light beer, wine, or any kind of booze on the rocks or with water or soda.

Worst are: Foo Foo drinks. Anything with cream or sugar.

I concur.

Surprisingly, a 12 oz bottle of guinness draft only has 125 calories and about 10 gm carbs. Compared to Bud, for instance, which has 145 calories and almost 11 gm carbs. So it is possible to have a decent beer and still not go overboard on calories.

Other low carb - fairly low calorie drinks that I frequently order:

Martini (the real kind, not the flavored sweet kind)

Captain Morgain and diet coke (only 69 calories!)

Gosling's black seal rum with a twist of lime (only 69 calories!)

-Cheers!

Archived