Can we bring snacks onboard?

Can we bring chocolate/potatoe chips on board with us ? Also are we ok bringing a carton of cigarettes with us to last the week rather than having to buy them while onboard or in ports as the smokers only like their own UK brand.

Can we bring chocolate/potatoe chips on board with us ? Also are we ok bringing a carton of cigarettes with us to last the week rather than having to buy them while onboard or in ports as the smokers only like their own UK brand.

I'm sorry, I can only answer 1/2 of your ?. You CAN bring snacks. (I bring my special K bars and soybeans-I know, I don't need the ribbing!) As for ciggies, I don't know but am pretty sure you can. Cheers!

I'm sorry' date=' I can only answer 1/2 of your ?. You CAN bring snacks. (I bring my special K bars and soybeans-I know, I don't need the ribbing!) As for ciggies, I don't know but am pretty sure you can. Cheers![/quote']

thanks , I know I ask some silly questions lol

Yes ciggies can be taken onboard. They will have the different stamp on them that shows that are not from port of call etc.

Now me...I always make sure I have enough space for bringing back ciggies, heck we buy some onboard & every port ;)

Now me...I always make sure I have enough space for bringing back ciggies, heck we buy some onboard & every port ;)

I dare say my son and daughter will too but they will want to buy some at duty free on way to Barcelona in case they have a shortgage in the med lol Will help their budget as well :rolleyes:

I dare say my son and daughter will too but they will want to buy some at duty free on way to Barcelona in case they have a shortgage in the med lol Will help their budget as well :rolleyes:

Noooooooooooooooooooooo. There is no (or little) duty free advantage inside Europe! Cigs and baccy are way cheaper in Barcelona and the Med (less than half the price). The cigs you purchase in the UK duty free shop will barely be any cheaper than what you purchase on the mainland.

Hi all ,

Yes you are quite right , buying any type of tobacco in Barcelona can be half the price . I`m not into advertising but there is one shop that gives you an even better offer " the more you buy " , it is about three quarters the way up Las Ramblas on the right hand side , facing the massive fruit and fish market . Hope this is of use to you ... and buy the way just to let you know I am a non smoker , but it is nice to be nice !:cool::cool::cool:

I didnt think we get duty free anymore? except outside Europe.:confused:

thanks everyone for replies, I know it seems silly biuying cigs in airport to take with us but they will only smoke one brand and although I have seen them in a few airport duty free shops on way back from europe not everywhere stocks them lol tlhough maybe that would be a good thing and they would stop smoking :rolleyes:

Stephen , I know that shop well, have bought cigarettes there many times in the past, well maybe 4 or 5 times. Although I do not smoke the person with me did and the savings were brilliant, especially when you got a free gift for buying a certain amount of cigarettes lol

MAZANDSTEVE We still get duty free and allowances are very high when going between certain EU contries including UK and Spain. Last time I was in EU country ( before christmas )it was 2400 cigs and 8lt of spirits. I think this increased in Jan 2008. Stock up on way back at airport, hubby always does with his smirnoff lol This is not as good now euro/sterling in at a bad rate but still some savings.

hahaha!! I love this thread..

I know it sounds weird, but on a cruise, I endulge. I end up putting on 3-5 lbs, but that's fine, I accomidate for it. So.. what that means to me? I love a little snack at night before I turn in. I do not do this at home as I would be 300 lbs , but on a cruise, I allow for it. To me, this means a snickers bar, or a small bag of chips.. all the crap that is bad for me, but tastes too dang good!! I end up buying some snacks on board, but this time, I will be bringing snacks in my luggage.

My list:

1. Jelly Belly Jellybeans (I love these!!)

2. Chocolate bars, of some sort (snickers are a fav)

3. Chocolate covered peanuts or raisins.

Yes, I know there is plenty of food on board. But, when I eat dinner at ~6pm, and stay up until 11pm, I can always go for a quick snack at 11, while I watch TV, or read the dailies for the next day.. Different strokes for different folks!

I know there is LOADS of food but sometimes when on holiday do others not just want a snack from home? When I have been away before I would have given anything for a packet of my favourite crisps ( potatoe chips) or my favourite bar of chocolate or even just a nice plain biscuit lol

I take it on board you can buy chocolate but is it American ? Just tastes different to what I am used to lol I know they probally sell some brands the same but at silly money, I think last time I was in Florida we paid about 4 times more for a Snickers than what we would at home.

I see loads of threads about people wanting to take alcohol onboard............I NEED TO SMUGGLE MY CHOCOLATE .............lol:D

I know there is LOADS of food but sometimes when on holiday do others not just want a snack from home? When I have been away before I would have given anything for a packet of my favourite crisps ( potatoe chips) or my favourite bar of chocolate or even just a nice plain biscuit lol

I take it on board you can buy chocolate but is it American ? Just tastes different to what I am used to lol I know they probally sell some brands the same but at silly money, I think last time I was in Florida we paid about 4 times more for a Snickers than what we would at home.

I see loads of threads about people wanting to take alcohol onboard............I NEED TO SMUGGLE MY CHOCOLATE .............lol:D

I'm right there with you! My only concern on the potato chips would be getting them crushed. The Pringles-type chips taste like crap to me, I want the kettle-cooked Salt & Vinegear chips! :)

I'm right there with you! My only concern on the potato chips would be getting them crushed. The Pringles-type chips taste like crap to me, I want the kettle-cooked Salt & Vinegear chips! :)

Transfer your kettle chips to a glad wear type container. Protects them from being crushed and you can always toss the container instead of taking it home with you.

And there is nothing wrong with bringing snacks from home with you. I always bring things like granola bars or peanut butter crackers with me for use on excursions or the plane. There's nothing different about wanting your Snickers bar or Lays potato chips.

And RCCL does allow you to bring non-perishable food items onboard with you so no smuggling needed. Per RCCL's website: Guests may not bring on board any food items other than baby food and/or dry, nonperishable snack items (cookies, crackers, chips, energy bars, etc). So no to that porterhouse steak you were going to try and grill on your balcony but you are fine bringing your chocolate.

No problem taking on snacks (we do it) or sodas or cigs. If you smoke one of the "regular" brands like Marlboro or Camel they are cheap on the ship. I'll buy a couple of cartons to bring back home.

When we cruise we like to have a little wine & cheese party on our balcony one night so we'll buy snacky stuff in port and just bring it on then too.

Aubie

lol, with all of the food available 24 hours a day, it is just funny to think that some still need additional snacks :-) Snacks and soft drinks are allowed. We always bring a case of water as I just don't trust cruise ship water and try to stay well hydrated, plus water is calorie free which allows me to eat more food, lol.

lol, with all of the food available 24 hours a day, it is just funny to think that some still need additional snacks :-) Snacks and soft drinks are allowed. We always bring a case of water as I just don't trust cruise ship water and try to stay well hydrated, plus water is calorie free which allows me to eat more food, lol.

I agree, bringing on food is a bit strange when you think about it but we found some really nice cheeses and pate in Cannes, along with some crackers that just looked special so what the heck, we brought it on. Sometimes I also go up to the Windjammer in the afternoon and fix a couple of plates of coldcuts, crackers, cheeses and maybe sushi to munch on our balcony when we sail out of different ports. I just wish they hadn't done away with the big trays they used to have in the Windjammer.:D

Aubie

I agree, bringing on food is a bit strange when you think about it but we found some really nice cheeses and pate in Cannes, along with some crackers that just looked special so what the heck, we brought it on. Sometimes I also go up to the Windjammer in the afternoon and fix a couple of plates of coldcuts, crackers, cheeses and maybe sushi to munch on our balcony when we sail out of different ports. I just wish they hadn't done away with the big trays they used to have in the Windjammer.:D

Aubie

Oh the memories Aubie, you do throw a wonderful Cocktail party!:D:D:D

We always pack some goodies to bring onboard, you never know when your just going to get plain lazy!

Archived