Sea conditions in late November...

MamaParrotHead

We've only cruised in the spring previously (and had no problem with seasickness whatsoever), and it was recently brought to my attention that the seas may be rougher during late November. True or false? Just wondering if other factors may play a part (as to how much motion is felt)...individual weather patterns/storms, size of the ship, the person's location on the ship. I just wondered if our chances of having a rocky ride were increased at all because of the different time of year.

Thanks! :)

We've only cruised in the spring previously (and had no problem with seasickness whatsoever), and it was recently brought to my attention that the seas may be rougher during late November. True or false? Just wondering if other factors may play a part (as to how much motion is felt)...individual weather patterns/storms, size of the ship, the person's location on the ship. I just wondered if our chances of having a rocky ride were increased at all because of the different time of year.

Thanks! :)

I think the seas are pretty unpredictable. I've cruised out of NYC on 3 ocassions, June, August and November. Had rough, but not horrible seas, on all 3 trips. The calmest of the 3 trips was August. June we got hit by a strong evening of thunderstorms and the ship was bouncing up and down from front to back. November we were in a Noresterner and they had to cancel the evening show the second day, because they couldn't set it up the night before - too dangerous for the crew to be in the catwalks & on ladders.

I've done 2 Caribbean cruises and it was calm for both.

Archived