Alaska cruise w/Princess - a few questions

adwalsh

My husband and I will be going on our first Alaska cruise in September (Golden Princess Inside Passage, R/T Seattle 7 days). I've been on 13 cruises but always in warm/tropical weather (Caribbean, Panama Canal, Mexican Riviera, Bahamas). On an Alaskan cruise, what should we wear on smart casual nights? Do nice jeans work in Alaska? We are in our early 40s. I have a feeling that it will be way too chilly for cute capris and sandals for me!

Does anyone know where I can view recent Princess menus or Patters for an Alaskan cruise?

On the past several Princess cruises, the menus were all very similar and I was wondering if it has changed (last Princess cruise was April 2007).

Thank you!

You'll probably get plenty of replies disagreeing with me, but if you were asking if nice jeans were okay for dinner in the dining room (as opposed to the buffet) then I'd have to say that they aren't. Dressy pants or pantsuits will work fine for you. It's nice if you have a cardigan in case the dining room is chilly, but the temperature of the dining room isn't that different in Alaska than it is in Mexico. In my experience, it can be chilly in either place. Button up shirts or polo shirts for you husband are good, and they're comfortable enough that my DH will wear them without too many complaints. Some sort of khakis or dressy slacks for your husband will work.

Archived