Dress code for SOUTH AMERICAN cruises

tinybabynurse

TBN Hubby here,

We are almost packed for our SA cruise, and will be flying out in 3 days. According to information in our cruise package, our Canada cruise experience this past October, and the general dress code discussion on Celebrity.com, =X= has only "Formal" and "smart casual" nights".

Then while browsing Celebrity's web site tonight, I noticed this under "FAQ, South America". The text would not post accurately but here is a link showing 4 INFORMAL nights:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=0000dgO8TleZc7knW8OAEg_ahVP:12hdbcveb?faqSubjectName=South+America+Sailings&faqId=587&pagename=faq_answerswill

If someone that has recently been on this cruse would post their experience it would help. I am trying to determine if the above info is just an oversight that has not caught up to the elimination of the informal nights, OR if there really is a "special" dress code for only the South American cruises that still includes the informal nights.

Thanks in advance....

We sailed in January on the Infinity. The cruise was fantastic!

There were three formal nights on board. There were not a lot of tuxedos to be seen at the early seating and the dress went all over the place from tuxes to shirtsleeves. I cannot comment on the late seating because I just didn't pay attention. In general, I noticed that the 'glitz and glitter' was left home; maybe to make room for all the clothing we needed to confront the weather.

The rest of the nights were what =X= calls smart casual. Again, there was a wide range of interpretations and men were dressed anywhere from jackets to shirtsleeves. Most people, it seemed, changed for dinner (especially on port days).

Of course, what we experienced (other than 3 formal nights not 4), may not be what you find on your cruise.

As for what you saw on the website; that seems to be old information that =x= has not gotten around to updating. The new dress code is formal or smart casual only. No informal; no casual.

Thanks for the replies.

I think it is probably an oversight too. As I said, on our October cruise to Canada on the Constellation and, forgot to say, the Solstice in December, there were no INformal nights.

Thought it was odd that it was listed as a "special" dress code for South America....:confused:

Archived