What are you thankful for??

rangerdog

1. Jesus's ultimate sacrafice for us
2. My lovely wife
3. The rest of my family
4. The soldiers defending us now so we can have freedoms like this to express ourselves.
5. God's provisions and the fact we can go on these awesome cruises
Harry

Happy Thanksgiving to all. I'm thankful to be Alive. For my health & strength.
My family & friends. My God in heaven. For the air, the sun and the moon, for being blessed because it could be worse. For my mother still being here with me at the age of seventy five. For my husband. For being able to go on a cruise every year. And for being who I am. And most of all knowing there is a God in heaven.

living in a wonderful country, a part of a sometimes troubled, dangerous..but still a wonderful world.

..a forgiving Providence. He/She knows I need it.

.. Freedom, and for those willing to make the ultimate sacrifice to defend it.

..The capitalist economic system. Not perfect, but it's the method that makes it possible for the most people to enjoy a quality standard of living,
and is why this person of modest means can still indulge in his great love:
CRUISING!

..My precious daughter, whom I have shared two cruise adventures with, and
now SHE is hooked!

Mitch

[size=3][color=darkorange]All of the above and that I will be cruising the Caribbean in 3 short days!!! :p [/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#ff8c00][/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#ff8c00]Happy Thanksgiving to all!![/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#ff8c00][/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#ff8c00]Cindy ;) [/color][/size]

As I sit at my parents house in Gulf Shores, Alabama, we drove down to the beach today to see the devastation that Hurricane Ivan caused. After seeing the horrible destruction, I'm thankful that no one was killed. It's really sad to see people's homes and livelihood destroyed by mother nature. We all take our homes and material possesions for granted, and seeing something like I did today makes me appreciate all I have even more!!

[quote name='rangerdog']As I sit at my parents house in Gulf Shores, Alabama, we drove down to the beach today to see the devastation that Hurricane Ivan caused. After seeing the horrible destruction, I'm thankful that no one was killed. It's really sad to see people's homes and livelihood destroyed by mother nature. We all take our homes and material possesions for granted, and seeing something like I did today makes me appreciate all I have even more!![/QUOTE]
I am thankful to God for all that I have. I am thankful for a good home and a wonderful family. The means to travel. The food I eat everyday. I can't help to think that with all I have, there are people out there, still thankful to God...that have nothing but the hope to eat dinner that night...but still their faith does not shake. God is amazing. Even people who don't have a computer to interact on these boards or a warm home to come home to every night...can have God in their lives and have comfort in their faith that he is in control and will take care. I think tonight of people who don't have "things of the world" but still have God...and I am thankful for them that they do.
I ask every believer tonight to say a prayer for all people who do not have God in their lives...that they may come to know him.

[color=navy]^-.,.-^-.,.-^-.,.-^-.,.-^-.,.-^-.,.-^-.,.-^-.,.-^-.,.-^-.,.-[/color]

[color=navy]TEACHING TODAY [/color]

[color=navy]After being interviewed by the school administration, the eager teaching prospect said:[/color]

[color=navy]"Let me see if I've got this right."[/color]

[color=navy]"You want me to go into that room with all those kids and fill their every waking moment with a love for learning. [/color]
[color=navy]And I'm supposed to instill a sense of pride in their ethnicity, modify their disruptive behavior, observe them for [/color]
[color=navy]signs of abuse and even censor their T-shirt messages and dress habits."[/color]

[color=navy]"You want me to wage a war on drugs and sexually transmitted diseases, check their backpacks on a daily basis [/color]
[color=navy]for weapons of mass destruction, and raise their self-esteem."[/color]

[color=navy]"You want me to teach them patriotism, good citizenship, sportsmanship, and fair play, how and where to register [/color]
[color=navy]to vote, how to balance a checkbook, and how to apply for a job."[/color]

[color=navy]"I am to check their heads for lice, maintain a safe environment, recognize signs of antisocial behavior, offer advice, [/color]
[color=navy]write letters of recommendation for student employment and scholarships, encourage respect for their elders and [/color]
[color=navy]future employers, and instruct them on how important it is to appreciate and obey the laws of our country."[/color]

[color=navy]"And I am to communicate regularly with the parents by letter, telephone, newsletter, and report card."[/color]

[color=navy]"All of this I am to do with just a piece of chalk, a computer, a few books, a bulletin board, a telephone, a big smile [/color]
[color=navy]AND on a starting salary that qualifies my family for food stamps!"[/color]

[color=navy]"You want me to do all of this, and you expect me NOT TO PRAY while in the school?"[/color]

[color=navy]^-.,.-^-.,.-^-.,.-^-.,.-^-.,.-^-.,.-^-.,.-^-.,.-^-.,.-^-.,.-[/color]

Archived