Aialik vs Resurrection Bay for Kayaking?

WalleyeLJ

I'm leaning more and more towards kayaking in Seward rather than taking a boat tour. From what I've read, the all day to Aialik Bay is by far the best choice, but with getting in early that morning and being booked on the 6pm ARR to Anchorage, I'm not sure we'll be able to work it out. If we can't is Resurrection Bay a bad option versus doing a boat trip to Kenai? A lot of options I know, but this is pretty much the last thing I have to settle for the trip. Thanks!

L.J.

If the choice is between paddling Resurrection Bay and the 6 hour Kenai Fjords boat cruise to Aialik Glacier, I'd have to pick the following. To me, the latter is a must see when in the area (especially for the first time), with the combination of great scenery, glacier / calving and possible wildlife.

But there's no wrong answer here. If you're passionate about paddling, do what speaks to you.

If the choice is between paddling Resurrection Bay and the 6 hour Kenai Fjords boat cruise to Aialik Glacier, I'd have to pick the following. To me, the latter is a must see when in the area (especially for the first time), with the combination of great scenery, glacier / calving and possible wildlife.

But there's no wrong answer here. If you're passionate about paddling, do what speaks to you.

I realized my post made little sense. I meant to say:

"If the choice is between paddling Resurrection Bay and the 6 hour Kenai Fjords boat cruise to Aialik Glacier, I'd have to pick the latter".

Archived