Any Virginia cruisers?

Frassy

I am also out of VA. Cruising on Freedom in just under 5 weeks from Miami and out of Baltimore on Grandeur in July. I am looking forward to driving instead of flying. I had also heard the Norfolk's fees were much higher than Baltimore's.

My wife and I cruised out of Norfolk on one of the Carnival three day cruises to nowhere. The Cruise was fine, but the embarking was awful. It was a hot day in October and we were not allowed to wait inside the terminal. Hundreds of us had to wait outside in the 86F with our luggage and no shade. When we questioned what little help there was we were told it was because of security. When we finally got to the security area(1 and a half hours later) they were more efficient than any swecurity I've been through lately. I saw no reason for us to have to wait like that with a brand new terminal EMPTY right there.

Maybe it has changed since then but my experience was awful.

If you're talking about the CTN from this past (2008) October, the elevators had broken for the disembarking passengers that morning, and there was a massive backup trying to get people off the ship. They made about a billion announcements about it. That was the reason for the delay this year---if your trip was another year, it was probably another port-related issue. That facility is less than perfect.

I'm cruising outta VA! We've just booked outta Baltimore in September. Very exciting to have something so close to us here in NoVA. :)

Hey, I'm a Richmond girl, going on the Pride out of Baltimore on April 27. I've been out of Norfolk twice, and it was much more disorganized than leaving from more "seasoned" ports. However, those hassles are quickly forgotten once you are on the ship!! And no airfare to the port is great. I'm looking forward to trying Baltimore. The parking looks much easier than Norfolk - right in front of the ship.

Hello all, another Va. cruiser here and will be taking our 2nd cruise out of Miami on Freedom next month. We were planning Carnival cruise to nowhere but cancelled with our T/A and rebooked with RC. I sure wish we had better choices of destinations as the cruise line is not that important to me since I have nothing to compare my 1st cruise against being that it too was on RC Majesty to be exact.

Archived