Decorate Door?

NYTammy

I love decorating my door. And it's great if you can get CC members from your roll call to join in. Sportsmom, great to hear you're onboard. You'll find it does make it easier to find your room. And you get to meet lots of people who thank you for the landmark.:D;)

On our upcoming Panama Canal cruise, one of the activities is a door decorating contest. We are using a regional theme. We got involved with each other through a CC roll call but didn't know about an official CC door decoration or sign,

Door decorating sounds like fun...I might just put something little (and have multiples just in case) on the door. I believe my room is right near the elevators so it shouldn't be that hard to find...guess I would have to make sure I am on the right deck though...;)

Many of the ships do not have metal doors. We will be decorating our doors for our Panama Canal cruise. We have over 20 doors signed up and will have a vote as to who's got the best decorations. Our theme is "where I live". Since we are right next to Reno, we will be decorating with all the great things there are to do here. Our roll call is very active, but feel free to stop by.

Hi everyone!

I know some of you will think this is corny, but does anyone decorate the cabin doors? Im not sure if this is a thing of the past, or if people still do this?? (I dont want to be the only one):D

For those that do, can I have some ideas??

Thanks so much!

Tammy

i hang a tiger tail on the outside door knob. makes it easier to find my roon if i happen to forget the number.

Going on the Fantasy for Mardi Gras, and being from south Louisiana, we've got to decorate for Carnival. I've got lots of Mardi Gras decorations (purple, green, and gold) to decorate my door and cabin. My DH is going to kill me with all the extra stuff I'm bringing. Also I've got my masks, boas, beads, etc.!! Elmer's makes a reusable adhesive called Tac N Stik that you can use to put your decorations on your door. There's also a blue putty, can't remember the name. The thing is to have fun!!

Ann

We have hung Birthday "signs" on the doors before, but this year we did the Princess repo Halloween Cruise NY to San Juan. The CC roll call termed it the "Bat" cruise. We had neon glow in the dark bats on our balcony door and bats and decorations on the hall door (ours was some sort of metal). We got most of the stuff locally, i.e. Party City, Walgreens, Cedarhurst Paper.................even the Dollar Store. Don't get too crazy - make it fun! Must say other cruisers did enjoy seeing the decorations.

We've been decorating our door for a while. We use the blue painter's tape but also hooks on suction cups. We have our signs on a foam sheet and punch holes in it for the hooks. Sometimes we roll up the tape behind it to hold it in place. One of our signs lets everyone know where we are. We move a starfish around next to the location. Also, it's personalized with our names so people won't take it. So far,so good.

475183575_Nov08cruise(4).jpg.54d62302c8dcd8e8ed698aa2b275dccf.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Wife is trying to plan a big door decoration. Does anyone have a rough idea of the SIZE of the door, ? x ?...

I know, a strange request, and since everyone carries a tape measure on the ship with them, I expect an answer rather quickly ;)

Go Cats

• 1 year later...

I make a scrapbook page for each day of the cruise. I put a pen on a string so people can write a message. Some of the messages were not so nice. LOL. But I still do it because it's fun to do, most people like seeing them and it does help us find our cabin. Plus, I can use these pages in my scrapbook--covering the writing with photos and journaling.

Here are a couple examples:

Cruise9-13-08002.jpg

Cruise9-13-08003.jpg

Cruise9-13-08004.jpg

Cruise9-13-08005.jpg

Cruise9-13-08006.jpg

Cruise9-13-08007.jpg

Archived