SENSATION back in Pt. Canaveral - Balcony Photos

Tom-n-Cheryl

They had to place the balconies where they did because of the lifeboats

I thought they would have been a little more like the balconies they added to the costa victoria - but who knows they a not finished yet so they could change

I hadnt thought of that. When looking at the ship though, it does make perfect sense.

I just thought it would have looked a bit more not half a$$ed like the Sovereign of the Seas or Celebrity Century did when they retrofitted the balconies. Had never thought of the lack of a true promenade deck for embarking the lifeboats on would have an affect.

Great first post btw....

Leave it to Carnival to make an ugly ship even more so. Those balconies look hideous. Looks like a pregnant whale. NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never thought the Sensation was ugly.However I have to agree the new balconies sticking out like boxes are not pleasing to the eye and the overall form of the ship.:( But I guess $$$$ matters more.

Love the night shot!!! Thanks Tom!!

Having aft balcony U210 3/26 (and still trying to decide if that balcony looks like a standard balcony or extended!!) is just priceless to me. Our first and best cruise was on the Inspiration, with an interior on the E Deck. We tried RCCL wrap aft (okay this was Great but $$$) Princess Dolphin Balcony and a few bigger Carnival ships, our favorite is still Inspiration. Love the feel of the smaller ship for some reason, and so happy to have one of the first, if not ugly :D balconies, on a Fantasy ship!

Cheers and Happy Sails!

FYI When I booked they told me that the aft balconies were larger ,however they are only doubles I am traveling with two othersmy and took the last portside which they said is for three ,but the deckplan shows an upper for all other cabins on that side except this one.Hmm.I maybe sleeping on that balcony.!

What is the big rust area up front:eek:

Does anyone of you see the huge rust area under the Carnival name:eek:

You mean the primer over the old paint where the name was and the new name is going??

Yes...it's hard to miss.

:p

While I agree that the balcony add on don't "look" that great, I would now consider taking a cruise on the Sensation. We are truly balcony snobs and wouldn't be likely to book a ship without balcony cabins (not suites). We did the Fascination and bit the bullet and paid the extra for the suite (cat 11). The room was very nice but the balcony very narrow. We love that the Destiny is now sailing out of Miami and would consider a cruise on the ship in a second. I really believe that Carnival will get their money out of the Sensation balcony cabins even if it doesn't look that great.

Ton/Cherly

Hate that I can't see the pics here at the office. Can you send me an email with the pics. Dieing to see her

GR

jon.gardner@randolph.af.mil

Sorry - the pictures are not on the computer I am sitting at now... and I have not even STARTED to pack for our cruise tomorrow. :eek:

Tom

Hey there CarolinaGurl..............looks like we're nieghbors!!!! :)

I haven't heard anything from my aunt. I told her not to use her cell unless it was an emergency. Although, I'll be calling her 1st thing in the morning & let evryone know how she felt the cruise was...............keeping in mind, this is her 1st cruise & when I talked to her Thurs. night @ 7pm, she was just tickled to death. So unless any bad happened, I'm sure she'll say it was fantastic!

MY pleasure Don !!! :D

Tom

As usual, Tom, you have come to the rescue of us CC members and gave us the """fix""" we needed.... Sadly though, Carnival has turned an older vessel in to a "wannabe newer vessel" but FAILED in my eyes with the final outcome !

This new addition(s) are just plain "butt ugly".... looks like an aftermarket item placed on a vehicle.....or taking an old chevrolet caprice, adding huge rims on the tires, painted it some god awful color, and then re upholstered the seats in velvet ! What in the heck were they thinking when they did this ? I was looking forward to this and had hoped it would have a similar look to what =x= did with the Century http://www.southerncruising.com/images/contentmanaged/CEL_CN_ExteriorSide_11.jpg

I gotta say that this end result certainly has left me less than impressed and just gives reinforcement to CCL's method of cutting costs and the end result looking exactly like how cheaply this project probably ended up costing. Kinda like the "Serenity Area" they are boasting about.... again, it looks like an inexpensive way to draw the crowds, but only to find out it is NOT what they make it out to be, or the minature golf added on the older ships... what a joke regarding the overall look of what was done when compared to Royal Caribbeans well landscaped minature golf....

Sorry Carnival, but again you are headed towards the setting up to be known as the "WalMart" of cruiselines by trying to cut costs to try to bring an older ship to a new appearance and it being evident in the end result.

You can put lipstick on a pig, but it will still be a pig in the end unless you do the project correctly and not just cost efficient !

Archived