Port Arrival and Departure Times - How exact are they?

darkprime

My wife and I are going on our very first cruise on July 3rd on the Carnival Pride out of Baltimore. On the 6th, it's supposed to arrive at Port Canaveral at 7AM and leave at 7PM.

Since Carnival doesn't have an official shore excursion to Universal Studios, my wife and I want to buy tickets ahead of time, get the Express Pass Plus tickets too if possible, and arrange for a car rental. I want to know, how likely is it that the boat will get there by 7 a.m.? Would it be early, late, very close to on time? For anyone who got off there, how long does it take to get off the boat? If it leaves at 7 pm, is it on time, early, late? How long does it take to get on board? I'm trying to figure out when we would need to leave the park by (4, maybe 5 pm?). Any advice or information is much appreciated.

The times are usually spot on...other than a problem (weather, etc.). One time we came into a port a few hours early only because there was only one dock position and they didn't want to tender (thank you!). And this is really important...if they say they are leaving at 7PM, you need to be back on the ship by 6:30PM...they leave at 7PM. And unless you are on a cruise excursion they have the right to leave you.

Hope that helps! Have fun on your first cruise...you'll love it!

My wife and I are going on our very first cruise on July 3rd on the Carnival Pride out of Baltimore. On the 6th, it's supposed to arrive at Port Canaveral at 7AM and leave at 7PM.

Since Carnival doesn't have an official shore excursion to Universal Studios, my wife and I want to buy tickets ahead of time, get the Express Pass Plus tickets too if possible, and arrange for a car rental. I want to know, how likely is it that the boat will get there by 7 a.m.? Would it be early, late, very close to on time? For anyone who got off there, how long does it take to get off the boat? If it leaves at 7 pm, is it on time, early, late? How long does it take to get on board? I'm trying to figure out when we would need to leave the park by (4, maybe 5 pm?). Any advice or information is much appreciated.

Though this will probably get moved, I can tell you this. It is probably about 75 minutes to Universal, maybe a little less. You will need to be back on the ship no later than 30 minutes before you sail. You should allow at least 30 minutes to turn the car in and get to the ship. I think that you should drive out of the parking garage at Universal no later than 4:00 and that may be cutting it close if traffic is bad.

As far as the ships timing, unless there are problems you should be docked and able to get off the ship by 7 or 7:30 at the latest. It will sail at the specified time.

Archived