Luggage Tags, eDocs and Galveston

AgVball

This is our first year to do "eDocs" (which I just received).

I know the document says you can get luggage tags from the porters, however, in my past experiences in Galveston (with RCCL and Princess), it seems like porters are in such a hurry to unload you and get your luggage to the back, it doesn't seem like there is much time to deal with luggage tags when dropping off luggage and family.

I was going to copy the example tag in my eDoc and then make copies and create my own luggage tag so we don't have to deal with tags at the terminal. My DH and I will have two infants and 4 elderly women with us...so I will probably be the one having to deal with all the luggage/tags.

What has been your experience? Do you print them ahead or do they slow down to allow you to do the tags correctly there at the terminal?

This is our first year to do "eDocs" (which I just received).

I know the document says you can get luggage tags from the porters, however, in my past experiences in Galveston (with RCCL and Princess), it seems like porters are in such a hurry to unload you and get your luggage to the back, it doesn't seem like there is much time to deal with luggage tags when dropping off luggage and family.

I was going to copy the example tag in my eDoc and then make copies and create my own luggage tag so we don't have to deal with tags at the terminal. My DH and I will have two infants and 4 elderly women with us...so I will probably be the one having to deal with all the luggage/tags.

What has been your experience? Do you print them ahead or do they slow down to allow you to do the tags correctly there at the terminal?

Don't put anything other than their tags on the luggage, it may confuse the delivery of your bags. I've gotten the tags before with the porter, I walk back with him, watch him write the info on the tag and wait for him to put them on the bags. While you're doing that, the rest of your group can be sitting in the lobby. It's never been an issue.

Have a great trip.

I always print up plenty of luggage tags when I get the e-docs. I laminate them and attach with luggage tag loops. You can also use heavy rubberbands, zipties or the small straps that attach the tags on. I would far rather have too much ID than not enough. Better safe than sorry!

Don't put anything other than their tags on the luggage,

I was just going to use what they had in the eDocs for the luggage tag. It looks similar to tags we have used in the past when you got physical documentation in the mail.

Hmm...I guess if I have something that doesn't have a handle (like a box of diapers), you just tape the luggage tag on the item?

My experience in Galveston was that the porters did have the tags and it wasn't too hurried to get the tags from the porters...however, we did speed up by process by bringing our pre-printed address labels to stick on the tags...that way we did not have to fill out our names...just our cell phone number. The porter wrote the stateroom number on for us.

when should I expect my docs for my may cruise

My TA emailed mine about 3 weeks out from the cruise.

I saw some others on my roll call forum say they got theirs about a week before mine - but I don't know if they did edocs or the printed version.

Archived