Miami to POM (cheapest way?)

travel_lover

Definitely do the cab. Won't run you $30 unless you tip heavy. If you do any kind of shuttle, you will sit and wait....wait....wait....till the shuttle is full as well as luggage loaded. In the meantime... others will hop a cab, register and be on the ship while.... you are waiting to have the shuttle unloaded at the pier. Talk about a waste of time and test of patience!

You might be able to find a single or other couple to split the cost of the cab if you think you need it.

Definitely do the cab. Won't run you $30 unless you tip heavy. If you do any kind of shuttle, you will sit and wait....wait....wait....till the shuttle is full as well as luggage loaded. In the meantime... others will hop a cab, register and be on the ship while.... you are waiting to have the shuttle unloaded at the pier. Talk about a waste of time and test of patience!

You might be able to find a single or other couple to split the cost of the cab if you think you need it.

I'll take your advice, i'll see if anyones is by the cab stand outside the airport.

Most people say taxi but I saw somewhere on the boards that there was a shuttle for $10pp??? It's just two of us so to get a taxi will cost us $24 plus tip so that's about $30 for two people.

I second the cab. Please do so; it's so much easier and less frustrating.

BTW, if you were to get a shuttle at 10.00 pp, would you not tip on top on that anyway? We always tip the driver, whether it's a courtesy hotel shuttle bus, or a bus we have paid for. If you tipped the shuttle driver, it might come to the same 24.00 as the cab. JMO.

I second the cab. Please do so; it's so much easier and less frustrating.

BTW, if you were to get a shuttle at 10.00 pp, would you not tip on top on that anyway? We always tip the driver, whether it's a courtesy hotel shuttle bus, or a bus we have paid for. If you tipped the shuttle driver, it might come to the same 24.00 as the cab. JMO.

Very true, thank you.

What about a group of 5 (3 adults, 2 kids) plus luggage? I'm thinking we won't fit in one cab so do we split up and do 2 of them (for $24 + tip each) or is there another way?

Thinking about it, that's only about $55 or so with tip. Might be a decent idea.

What about a group of 5 (3 adults, 2 kids) plus luggage? I'm thinking we won't fit in one cab so do we split up and do 2 of them (for $24 + tip each) or is there another way?

Thinking about it, that's only about $55 or so with tip. Might be a decent idea.

You might be able to fit, kids are small and usually so are their luggage....why don't you try to squeeze see what happens, there are cabs lined up so you can always just split up if you don't fit and they'll be right behind you. Yes $24 + tip for each cab.

You don't need two cabs. There are VAN cabs that will hold all of you comfortably. You'll see them at the airport. Will be cheaper than two cabs! Happy cruising!

You don't need two cabs. There are VAN cabs that will hold all of you comfortably. You'll see them at the airport. Will be cheaper than two cabs! Happy cruising!

Now this would make flying into MIA worthwhile. If we can do a van instead of 2 cabs (not that it's a big deal) and the price is the same (do you know if they charge more than the flat $24 + tip to POM?) we can save a bit of money doing this. Will they be lined up like the standard cabs?

I think we're going to have to fly home from FLL, as r/t MIA is almost $320/pp. Flying home from FLL drops the price to $264/pp. With 5 of us, that's almost $300 overall.

Thanks for this info!

Yes, the van cabs will be available at the airport and at the port. As soon as you get in the cab line, tell the guy that calls over the cabs that you want him to flag a van cab for your family. You might wait a few minutes longer at most.

I haven't used them, but I am pretty sure I read here they are the same price as a regular car cab. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong. I KNOW they aren't the cost of 2 cabs tho.

Have a great cruise.

Archived