M&G Party Invite to Cruise Director & others

LarryF

Our cc group is having a M&G party on the Emerald in April. I would like to contact the Cruise Director and or Passenger Services Director to invite them to our party and for them to extend the invitation to the Captain and other staff members.

Princess won't give out any of their email addresses. Any ideas how I can get their email addresses or contact them in another way??

Thanks,

Larry

From a posting on 12/27/08, TiggerB wrote:

We sailed the Emerald last January and I was in charge of setting up the M&G. I arranged through email for an area and was given the Skywalkers Lounge with the dry snacks and a no host bar. We all knew this going in and like some of you have said...It's not what is given you, it's what you make of it. Although it would be nice to get a bunch of freebies, it wasn't necessary as the whole purpose was to just have a place where we could all meet and get to know each other.

I had pre-written about 12 invitations for the Emerald Staff to attend our M&G. As soon as I got on board I gave them to the Pursor's desk and asked if he would get them delivered...I was knocked out of my sandals the next day at our M&G, everyone showed up. The Captain, Staff Captain, Cruise Director, Maitre'd, Head Chef, Personal Services Director, and several others...Wow! This made our M&G a tremendous success...

I threw in a few games to break the ice and a gift exchange of something representing the area you came from ($10.00 max.) and everyone walked away very happy and with a lot of new friends.

Everytime you would see one of the staff on the rest of the cruise, they would always recognize you and say hello to you by name. I like that...

Personnaly, I don't need the free drinks and finger foods...I just appreciate the space that is provided to us and the opportunity to meet new friends. The staff on board really appreciates the Cruise Critic groups as we are a sizeable group.

Smooth sailing everyone and Happy New Year.

Brian.

I hope it works for you. I had arranged with Princess before the cruise to have a time and place for a M&G. She gave us a time and place. The bar staff was not told about it. I arranged another with the CD and the note was put in the patter, but once again the bar staff was not informed. And the CD had another meeting, and no one from his office came by to say hello. :mad: I hope this is the exception. Nancy

Hi there,

Every ship has a group host, Princess will give you her e-mail address,

just contact her and request a meeting place barman etc,

If you want to extend an invite to CD etc, she can do this for you,

On the Emerald we had a couple of meetings, all went very well

on the Sun we had a dinner instead as well as an informal meet,

ship has always been more than happy to assist.

yours Shogun

Marshacruises,

To whom did you send the e-mail to arrange the M&G? I am arranging one for our cruise and Princess told me by phone to arrange it through the TA. So far this has not worked.

Thanks

Bruru: I found this information at this link http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=904372&highlight=tieman+stieman+princesscruises

I hope this helps you.

This information was from poster NAND:

"The contact depends on the ship. I've arrange a couple of Meet & Greets. They've always been very receptive and things have worked out great on the ships for our gatherings. I've given them a desired time and location for us to meet. They've always approved and provided a waitress, bartender, and dry snacks.

Nan

Here is the most recent list of meeting/event contact people I have for all Princess ships:

Berda Davis

Star, Tahitian,

(661) 284-4451

bdavis@princesscruises.com

Diana Hall

Diamond, Sun

(661) 284-4449

dhall@princesscruises.com

Jenny Streeck

Sapphire, Dawn

(661) 284-4444

jstreeck@princesscruises.com

Berna Grayr

Emerald

(661) 284-4448

bgrayr@princesscruises.com

Sue Tieman

Grand, Pacific

(661) 284-4446

stieman@princesscruises.com

Coleen Reyes

Crown, Sea

(661) 284-4447

creyes@princesscruises.com

Renee Wittwer

Island, Coral, Ruby

(661) 284-4443

rwittwer@princesscruises.com

Elizabeth Williamson

Caribbean

(661) 284-4442

ewilliamson@princesscruises.com

Jan James

Royal, Golden

(661) 284-4452

jjames@princesscruises.com

Candice Lemell

Special Diets

(661) 284-4450

clemell@princesscruises.com "

Bruru: I found this information at this link http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=904372&highlight=tieman+stieman+princesscruises

I hope this helps you.

This information was from poster NAND:

"The contact depends on the ship. I've arrange a couple of Meet & Greets. They've always been very receptive and things have worked out great on the ships for our gatherings. I've given them a desired time and location for us to meet. They've always approved and provided a waitress, bartender, and dry snacks.

Nan

Here is the most recent list of meeting/event contact people I have for all Princess ships:

Berda Davis

Star, Tahitian,

(661) 284-4451

Diana Hall

Diamond, Sun

(661) 284-4449

Jenny Streeck

Sapphire, Dawn

(661) 284-4444

Berna Grayr

Emerald

(661) 284-4448

Sue Tieman

Grand, Pacific

(661) 284-4446

Coleen Reyes

Crown, Sea

(661) 284-4447

Renee Wittwer

Island, Coral, Ruby

(661) 284-4443

Elizabeth Williamson

Caribbean

(661) 284-4442

Jan James

Royal, Golden

(661) 284-4452

Candice Lemell

Special Diets

(661) 284-4450

clemell@princesscruises.com "

I was just getting ready to ask anyone if they knew who to contact for the specific ships... you read my mind! :D

Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge--I truly appreciate it!

VB1

Hi everyone!

I just set up our M&G and there were changes with Renee and Diana - I've updated the list with the information Renee gave me:

PRINCESS – M&G COORDINATORS – AS OF February 12, 2009

Berda Davis

Star

(661) 284-4451

Diana Hall

Diamond, Sun, Island

(661) 284-4449

Jenny Streeck

Sapphire, Dawn

(661) 284-4444

Berna Grayr

Emerald

(661) 284-4448

Sue Tieman

Grand, Pacific

(661) 284-4446

Coleen Reyes

Crown, Sea

(661) 284-4447

Renee Wittwer

Ruby, Tahitian

(661) 284-4443

Elizabeth Williamson

Caribbean

(661) 284-4442

Jan James

Royal, Golden

(661) 284-4452

Candice Lemell

Special Diets

(661) 284-4450

clemell@princesscruises.com

I was told that requests are to be made by Fax. I faxed Renee last night and got a confirmation e-mail this afternoon reserving Skywalkers for our group for an hour including a no host bar. I hope they will also include finger foods and some senior crew will accept the invitations that I will make through the Purser's Office. Thanks for all your help

Bruce

I sent a fax and received an e-mail the next day along with an official Princess invoice for the venue (NC of course) I followed up with an e-mail of thanks and the response was in 2-3 days.

Bruce

Did you just go through the regular Princess fax number or did you use a specific fax number?

Thanks again!

VB1

I made a Meet and Greet email request for the Coral Princess and got a reply 2 days later. I later made a change to the request and received another reply 2 days later. Method and reponse time may vary by co-ordinator.

I was also told the co-ordinators get an update the first of each month on the ship's officers onboard. She told me that if I sent her another email at the beginning of the month (of the cruise) she would email me a list of the officers onboard so that I could personlize the invitations.

I just got an email in reply to my request for a meet and greet, according to this reply, there are different people to contact:

1. STIEMAN'S email keeps getting bumped back to me as undeliverable, I am guessing that she is no longer receiving emails at that address.

2. Berda Davis is the onboard service coordinator for Grand and Star Princess

3. Renee Wittwer is onboard service coordinator for Ruby and Tahitian Princess

4. Bernadine Grayr is the onboard service coordinator for Emerald Princess and Pacific Princess

I just got an email in reply to my request for a meet and greet, according to this reply, there are different people to contact:

1. STIEMAN'S email keeps getting bumped back to me as undeliverable, I am guessing that she is no longer receiving emails at that address.

2. Berda Davis is the onboard service coordinator for Grand and Star Princess

3. Renee Wittwer is onboard service coordinator for Ruby and Tahitian Princess

4. Bernadine Grayr is the onboard service coordinator for Emerald Princess and Pacific Princess

Thanks again for the information! I wrote to Berda for the Star last Friday and have not heard back. I don't want to seem impatient, so I guess I will just continue to wait and see if I hear back... maybe come this Friday I'll follow-up.

Archived