Help - first time to Alaska and Seattle

O2Bcrusin

Ok here is my dilemma. We are flying to Seattle on a Friday and leaving on our cruise on Saturday. DH has to work on Friday so will probably leave late afternoon/early evening. I am thinking we should just stay somewhere near the airport (since there won't be much time to do to much anyway) and then somehow get to the port in the morning to board asap. Not sure the best way to do that yet either. When we come home we would like to stay a day or two and see Seattle. At this time I think it would be a good idea to stay downtown. Also not sure about the best way to get to downtown from the pier and then somehow get back to airport. I have looked at some hotels and the Belltown Inn looks interesting, convenient and the price is right. The reviews are also very positive. Has anyone stayed here or does anyone know anything about this hotel? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am feeling a little overwhelmed right now. Have cruised many times but never to Alaska.

Ok here is my dilemma. We are flying to Seattle on a Friday and leaving on our cruise on Saturday. DH has to work on Friday so will probably leave late afternoon/early evening. I am thinking we should just stay somewhere near the airport (since there won't be much time to do to much anyway) and then somehow get to the port in the morning to board asap. Not sure the best way to do that yet either. When we come home we would like to stay a day or two and see Seattle. At this time I think it would be a good idea to stay downtown. Also not sure about the best way to get to downtown from the pier and then somehow get back to airport. I have looked at some hotels and the Belltown Inn looks interesting, convenient and the price is right. The reviews are also very positive. Has anyone stayed here or does anyone know anything about this hotel? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am feeling a little overwhelmed right now. Have cruised many times but

never to Alaska.

I live directly across the street, and have lived in one of this company's properties before. This one is newly renovated and is a totally non-smoking building. It is NOT a hotel, but a short term type apartment building that rents out vacant units. It is clean. The neighborhood can be a little daunting after dark but, hey, come across the street and I'll make sure you get around safely...:o

Thanks Karen. Does my plan sound reasonable as far as staying near the airport the first night and then getting to the pier in the am. What is the best way to get from place to place? A shuttle service, bus, taxi, etc.? Also will we be able to see the sights with a one night stay or do you suggest two?

Thanks Karen. Does my plan sound reasonable as far as staying near the airport the first night and then getting to the pier in the am. What is the best way to get from place to place? A shuttle service, bus, taxi, etc.? Also will we be able to see the sights with a one night stay or do you suggest two?

The airport hotels have free shuttles from the airport. You do not have to worry too much about that leg. If you get in early enough; that you would like lots of choices for dinner, choose one of the hotels in the Southcenter area. They still offer free pick up at the airport. But, there is a wide variety of places to eat and shopping in the Southcenter area (Tukwila). Most of these hotels will even offer you a lift to the restaurant of your choice. The Hampton Inn Southecenter and Embassy Suites are two good places for your arrivial night.

Since there are two of you, I would just take a taxi to the cruise terminal on Saturday. It is about 16 miles from the airport area to the ship.

I'll have to defer to Karen and others for good suggestions on your return to Seattle after the cruise. For sure, one night would be nice. Two would be better.

I agree totally with SFClan, one is nice but two is twice as good.

Terminal 91 is about 20+/- miles from the airport. Taxis will be in the neighborhood of $50, town car about the same. Forget Shuttle Express, they are way too expensive.

I have stayed at the LaQuinta Inn near the airport and it is quite nice. They have a free shuttle from the airport that you call for once you're in the shuttle area. There's a Denny's restaurant adjacent to LaQuinta, but across the street is a great 50's style diner called Dave's.

We did this last summer, got in late on a Saturday (we had to work) and stayed at the Radisson SeaTac. Hotel shuttle picked us up at the airport. We booked a limo to the dock as there were 5 of us, more cost effective. There is another shuttle service from the SeaTac hotels called Seattle Express. It picks up at the hotels and for $12pp will deliver you to the cruise ship terminal. I haven't used this service so I can't vouch for it, but I did see it stop at our hotel while we were in the lobby waiting for our pick up. The hotels around the airport can tell you about this service. Anyway, the hotel was great, quiet, clean and comfortable. Would recommend.

http://www.seattleexpress.com/

Archived