Vantage information

npphotog

I am looking for anyone out there who might have taken a river cruise with Vantage Travel. Tried to contact "Daytrippers" but they haven't replied yet.

We are booked with Vantage for their Holland to Hungary cruise next August 1st. Have some questions re: Vantage and would like them answered before we go. Thanks to all who can assist us. Willard

Have not been on a Vantage river cruise, but took their president's cruise on the Royal Star Clipper. Cannot have enough praise for Vantage, their handling of the whole tour/cruise was outstanding. Never thought I would like an organized affair, but Vantage changed my mind. Have taken a river cruise on an itinerary similar to the one you are booked on, the pace of this voyage is very relaxing and you will enjoy beautiful scenery, much different from ocean cruising. ENJOY.

We took their Holland cruise and were very pleased with it. We are leaving this next Saturday for a Christmas Markets cruise.

We have traveled in Europe on bus tours and ocean cruise ships also and feel this is the best of the three.

Any particular questions can be sent to bobr@bellsouth.net and I will try to answer them.

Bob Reid

• 2 weeks later...

nnphotog, sorry I haven't replied, we've been on 2 overseas trips recently, one cruise over Thanksgiving.

We've taken 2 river cruises with Vantage, one a Russian River Cruise and the other a Danube cruise from Bucharest to Budapest. We enjoyed both cruises and feel that Vantage is a cut above other River Cruises tour options.

We've never taken the Holland to Budpest cruise, because we've traveled to all the ports via car in previous trips. We reserve the river cruises for places we would normally not drive, such as in Russia, Eqypt, China, Ukraine, or thru the Balkans.

We recommend you spend extra days at the frontend in Holland and at the backend in Budapest.

Let me know your specific questions and I'll be glad to help.

FYI. Two Vantage travelogues (Danube and Russia) are on my webpage at http://ettel.*****.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

npphotog, don't know if you are still interested in comments about Vantage Deluxe Tours. We have been on 2 of theirs. One to China and one from Rio to Santiago last Dec. Both were wonderful. They seem to go out of their way to make sure your trip runs smoothly. On the China trip one elderly lady (late 80's) suffered dehydration and they got her into a hospital, worked with the US Embassy, then worked with the airlines to have her catch up with the tour. They have just bought, with Grand Circle, the Paul Gauguin and will be using it for cruises.

Thank's for the reply Fred. Have a few questions to put to you and don't want to tie up this message board. Drop me a line with your email address at my address: WillardWKrieble@ij.net

Wife and I are scheduled for a Holland to Hungary cruise leaving August 1st.

Thanks, Willard in Largo, Florida - home to the Tampa Bay Bucs and all the hurricanes.

• 3 years later...
Thank's for the reply Fred. Have a few questions to put to you and don't want to tie up this message board. Drop me a line with your email address at my address: WillardWKrieble@ij.net

Wife and I are scheduled for a Holland to Hungary cruise leaving August 1st.

Thanks, Willard in Largo, Florida - home to the Tampa Bay Bucs and all the hurricanes.

How was your Vantage river Cruise? What boat were you on? WE are going, but still undecided among vantage, Avalon, Uniworld, & Viking.

Any information would be appreciated

tom

Hi TMK1941 - That Vantage river cruise was back in 2005 and it was fantastic. We were on the River Odyssey. Great boat, great food and great touring. I would recommend doing it from Amsterdam to Budapest instead of the reverse. We were so impressed with Vantage that in 2007 we did the Wonders of China/Yangtze trip. Wow, what a super experience and Vantage did another great job. This past year we went with Vantage again on their Greece Odyssey trip. That included 7 nights on an 170ft motor yacht cruising around the Aegeon Sea. Again Vantage did a super job but seems they are not doing that trip in 2009 - glad we went this year. With the way the economy is going, our trip next year might be a one way trip to the "poor" house. If you have any special questions/requests email me at

WillardWKrieble@ij.net.

Hi 40 year cruiser - We went to Russia back in 1975 - land trip but not with Vantage. I also heard good stuff about Vantage's Russia trip. See you are from Orange Park, we are in Largo Fl. Give us a report when you return. Willard

We will be taking our first river cruise with Vantage on the Navigator from Amsterdam to Basel leaving 9/16/08 and we are so excited. Have a friend who has travelled with Vantage and Grand Circle and she sings their praises. We also booked the Trans-Canada trip for May 2009. It will be fun to compare this type of adventure with ocean cruising, which we love. :D

Hi RayandJean - we are taking Vantage Navigator on their Wine & Cuisine cruise in November. We really enjoyed the W&C cruise last year on Vantage Discovery (different itinerary) so here we go again! Any informational suggestions re the Navigator would be helpful upon your return. Haven't heard too much (if any) reports on Navigator so your feedback would be very much welcomed! Our itinerary is Cologne/Basel/Paris. Enjoy your trip! :)

Archived