Boarding time for Concierge Class on Solstice March 1 cruise?

altairastar

Hi everyone - I'm hoping someone can help me: My husband and I leaving Ft. Lauderdale on Solstice Sunday, March 1. We are going Concierge Class, and the ship officially departs at 4:30 p.m. We're thrilled about the Solstice and want to board as early as possible - what time do you recommend getting there? Celebrity said our official embarkation time is 2 p.m., but that's what they told us on our last cruise and we ended up being one of the last on board. I really appreciate yourr thoughts, and thanks so much for your help!

Tamara

On prior cruises, we arrive around 11am...ship's usually cleared for boarding and with a small wait, you're onboard and ready for lunch. Your cabin (most likely) won't be available until approx 1pm, but it's a good time to start exploring. PS: you're arriving as we're leaving! Enjoy your cruise!

I arrived on to Ft Lauderdale pier around noonish, and there were plenty of others already there. We boarded right away, came to our cabin (which was ready) and spent the day relaxing and exploring the beautiful Solstice. If we had had an official embarkation time we'd have ignored it and come early. I was in a balcony, but would be surprised if CC was different in this regard.

Hmmmm...

If you're booked on Sky Deck, whatever you do, DON'T check the storage bin over the bed.

I'm planning to stow away following my 2/22 - 3/1 sailing and would hate to have my fun spoiled right away... :D :D :D

Many returning passengers have stated that their cabins were ready at 1 pm on embarkation day, and that they boarded earlier to explore and enjoy lunch prior to settling in. Their consensus seems to be that if you arrive at the pier between 11 and 11:30 a.m. you can board fairly quickly.

Have a GREAT time!!!

Dawn

:)

I hate boarding crowds, would it be better to come at 3:00PM if I want to minimize my boarding experience? I know last time we came early and we waited way too long and way too many people.

I like to maximize my time on the ship. That first day is always fun...especially if it's a new ship! There is always that excitement no matter how many times you have cruised. We board around 11:30. There are crowds at times...and sometimes we just breeze through.

I hate boarding crowds, would it be better to come at 3:00PM if I want to minimize my boarding experience? I know last time we came early and we waited way too long and way too many people.

For cruises leaving from US ports, you have to be checked in at least 90 minutes before sailing as the ship has to provide a roster of who is onboard at that time. If you have not completed the Xpress pass, you need to be checked in at least 2 hours before. We have found that boarding around 2pm for 5pm sailing is great, we walked right up to a desk, showed our credit card, were given our seapass card and were aboard the ship in minutes - no lines for xray or pictures.

From Celebrity's website

If you have not completed Online Check-in, you will be required to complete this process at the pier two hours prior to the published sailing time. Please note: Xpress Pass guests whose cruise departs from ports in the United States are required to be at the pier and checked-in no later than 90 minutes prior to the published sailing time or you may not be permitted to board. For a cruise that departs from other ports not in the United States, please verify on your Guest Ticket Booklet

Boarding in FLL was very efficient. We sailed on 2/1, got to port about 1140AM, was on the ship at 1201PM (I checked my watch). They said room would not be ready until 1PM, but we went directly there and dropped off our carry-ons... and got lunch.

Archived