For the Chair Hogs: Why Is It Okay to Hog Chairs?

Sea Hag

Just curious..... The situation shown in this picture, couldn't you just take a chair from the stack at the left???

Yes, I agree take chairs from the stack!

The picture doesn't appear to show Chair Hogs they show people who have saved their chairs so other people don't hog them!!

We were on the QM2 in Jan. Must say it was better than most ships re. chair hogs. However, on our first morning we had an "incident". After an early breakfast (still jet lagged!) we chose a spot. Most of the chairs were empty. As I picked up two towels a woman picked up six. She began placing them on a row of beds. Two to one side were in the shade and I put the towels on them. The woman said "Excuse me that's mine" I pointed out that there was nothing on it, she said it was for her Husband who wanted one in the shade! As there were plenty of loungers left I just made some sarcastic comments and took others. We did notice that it was over an hour before any of here group came along and a couple of them only used them for about ten minutes. The Hubby had two one in the sun and the other in the shade.

She obviously thought that she was entitled to do this as when each person arrived she was telling the story and they would glance at us:rolleyes:

I did find carnival the worse to get a lounger. Most taken by 8am. (and still empty at 10am.:mad:). I don't know what the solution is.

Was this her?

chairhog02.jpg.3ec2a6677f566f81f03f9bcefa32aa7a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Here is a site/company that has decided to make money off of those who like to save chairs... :eek:

http://www.loungehats.com/index.php

Like having something purchased makes it any more "right"? I'm all for using something like that (or items) if one is actually in the vicinity--ie quick run to the buffet, restroom or in the pool but it's quite another to be holding it for if/when the person decides to come out at their leisure.

nitnyleo--I think you're on to something ;).

Archived