Nautica Bangkok to Beijing March 1, 2010

tammy10l

Hello Everyone,

I have never cruised with Oceania before and this itinerary is too good to pass up. Does anyone know if there is a similar itinerary where it stops in Vietnam, China, Japan with a better deal? Oceania is offering the 5 years anniversary sale and its a great deal but its still alot of money, about $14,908 for 2 people (inside room). Do you have any reccommendations or advice? Thank you so much for your help. :)

I am sure there are some ships that do most of these ports. As far as a good deal, what you are paying is about twice what it was 3 years ago. So I am not sure how good a deal it is. O has been raising prices very fast to see how much the market would bear. We paid about what you are paying, but had a Vista Suite. That would have cost us about 30,000 on your trip. Look around to see what else might be out there. Check Azamara and Regent. Have a great trip.:)

I think it is a wonderful itinerary but a terrible deal, especially for an inside cabin in this economy. As has been suggested, check other lines with similar itineraries. While they may not offer exactly the same experience as Oceania, the savings may make up for those differences.

Hello Everyone,

I have never cruised with Oceania before and this itinerary is too good to pass up. Does anyone know if there is a similar itinerary where it stops in Vietnam, China, Japan with a better deal? Oceania is offering the 5 years anniversary sale and its a great deal but its still alot of money, about $14,908 for 2 people (inside room). Do you have any reccommendations or advice? Thank you so much for your help. :)

tammy10l, I think you will have to decide what factors are most important to you in deciding upon this 24 day itinerary. Let me say that I also loved this itinerary and I did book it but also did my homework when it came to pricing (booked this originally with Oceania then transferred to a TA with a pricing package I was comfortable with). In addition, I checked out Azamara with two 14 day b2b Asian cruises which combined, have a similar itinerary (not the same) to be able to do a price comparison broken down per day (for 2) for each cruise line.

Here is the example for pricing comparing what I booked which is a category A2 (W/O air and air taxes, insurance, etc., etc.) comparing with A's category SV (although not a concierge level like the A2, it is an aft which is what I choose):

From O website: Base Fare - $17,198, Taxes - $384 for a total of $17,582 or $732.58 per day for two people (plus pp gratuaties and $500 OBC)

From TA: Base Fare - $14,596, Taxes - $384 for a total of $14,980 or $624.17 per day for two people (plus pp gratuaties and $700 OBC)

From A website: Base Fare - $15,596 Taxes - $366 for a total of $15,962 or $570.07 per day for two people (plus pp gratuaties and $600 OBC)

Here is the example for pricing comparing an inside on O, a category F (W/O air and air taxes, insurance, etc., etc.) comparing with an inside on A, a category 09:

From O: Base Fare - $11,398, Taxes - $384 for a total of $11,782 or $490.92 per day for two people (plus pp gratuaties and $500 OBC)

From sample TA on the Internet: Base Fare - $10,102, Taxes - $384 for a total of $10,486 or $436.92 per day for two people (plus pp gratuaties and $700 OBC)

From A website: Base Fare - $7,996, Taxes - $366 for a total of $8,362 or $298.64 per day for two people (plus pp gratuaties and $400 OBC)

It would seem that there is a minimal difference in pricing per day of what I am paying through my TA for the A2 category vs A’s SV category; however, at the inside category level, there is a larger spread with what I could find on the Internet. Beyond the price point, I would certainly check out past passenger reviews on these respective itineraries on O and A…this is the 1st year that A has been in Asia, however.

Again, this comes down to a personal decision in what factors are most important to you in choosing a cruise.

Kathleen

We are cruising this same itinerary Feb 27 - we paid for Cat D 14,000 for 2 and thought it was high but cant beat ports. My friend book inside after the special pricing and paid more! So if you are considering give deposit and you can always cancel. There are some TA that will refund some of their commisions. Will let you know when we return end of March how it was. I had checked other crusie lines and this was the most. Cant wait to go. We are also doing a 5 day Beijing and Xian after the cruise. This cruise is most comprehensive of all with the least amount of time at sea, however well spaced. There are 8 of us and we are doing private and a coupl;e of the ship excursions, although they are very expensice. Good luck!!

We are also doing this cruise and really looking forward to it. We have cruised Ocenaia several times and love it. Before we booked this cruise we looked at several others but none of them could match Oceania's itinerary, and as we love the service etc on oceania it was a no-brainer.

Thank you for all of your helpful comments. :) We will continue to do research and decide. To those who are going on this cruise soon, have a wonderful trip and please do write reviews. We look forward to reading them and learning from you.

Smooth Cruising to you all. :)

Archived