Khutzeymateen bear tour - Prince Rupert

Tom O.

Has anyone actually done the Khutzeymateen bear tour in Prince Rupert?

I am considering this tour for an early June cruise - the bears are supposed to be at their best at that time - at least at this location. This is an expensive tour and I am not sure it is worth it. The price is $235 per person and they say prices can vary according to a person's weight. Would like to hear from anyone about this.

I have personally not done this BUT what i have read about it is all good. The money part admittedly is a wee bit scary though isn't it.

And really other than Port Edward's Old fishing cannery which is also very interesting, walking the town or maybe going fishing there's not much else in good old Rupert

I have dne this tour and thought t was well worth it--we saw grizzles and we also saw both hpback and a pod of orcas as well as lots of eagles---although the tour is lengthy the scenery is very nice and the tour operators were very nice

hope this helps

Paul

I have not done it but a very good friend of mine did and they thought it was one of the highlights of their cruise. By the way this was toward the middle of May. They got lots of pics of bears. Enjoy

Marilyn

Thank you to all who answered this inquiry, you have been very helpful.

I have dne this tour and thought t was well worth it--we saw grizzles and we also saw both hpback and a pod of orcas as well as lots of eagles---although the tour is lengthy the scenery is very nice and the tour operators were very nice

hope this helps

Paul

Paul, did they actually weigh people as they got on the boat? I am just wondering, because they say price depends on a persons weight. Or maybe they only charged extra for people who obviously weren't slim? Both my wife and I are rather "large," and it would be nice to know exactly what my costs will be.

Archived