Chefs Table Menu

Shogun

In the sheet of instructions that come with your invitation to the Chef's Table, it is stated (among many other things) that no open toe shoes will be allowed in the galley, no shorts are permitted, and all clothing worn to the event is to be freshly laundered. :)

I did see one woman in our group wearing a bit of an open toe...not sure how much of an open toe they would allow. Definitely not open sandals or flip flops. It's supposed to be safety measure...in case a knife were to drop on your foot...or maybe you might drop your glass of champagne on your foot as you are taking another appetizer from the white-gloved waiter. :D

Cindy

This thread has really got me interested.... I didn't realize the Chef's Table event was even out there! Apologies if this was mentioned elsewhere, but I couldn't find it... is the Chef's Table held in the evening, or is it during the day?

As a rule, we do Sterling “International or French” night, which as a rule has been the third night of a seven day cruise.

We plan to sign up for the Chef’s Table on our upcoming cruise on the Star. From photos posted on the web, it would appear one of the chef’s night is the same night as “Italian”. What is the usual second night for the “Chef’s Table”.

This thread has really got me interested.... I didn't realize the Chef's Table event was even out there! Apologies if this was mentioned elsewhere, but I couldn't find it... is the Chef's Table held in the evening, or is it during the day?

The Chef's Table is held in the evening. It will usually begin between 7:00-7:30.

Cindy

I guess if you are alergic to shell fish or don't drink, then you (i) better pass on the Chef's Table!

Hi Folks, An Idea of what we got through on the Sea Princess

Glass of bubbly

Foie Gras Terrine in A baked Brioche Blanket

Creviche ofRed snapper with Lime Tomatoes and Peppers

Another Glass

King Crab Crisp with Melted Grovyere

Tiny Vol au Vewnt with Escargot in Red Wine and Garlic

Another Glass

Pasta Boscaiola with Porcinni Mushrooms and Fresh Tomato

Strawberry and Green Peppercorn Sorbet

Did I Say White Wine

Double Impact Surf and Turf

Lobbster Tails, Diver Scallops Beef Fillet Migons and Lamb Rib Chops

(As in as much as you can eat)

Sauce Fogit Sauce Vert Lemon Butter Rosemary Jus

Fresh Market Vegatables

Creamy Mashed Potates

A Bottle of White a bottle of Red

Roasted Pear with Gorgonzola Balsamic Vinger and Black Pepper Sabayon

Sweet Wine

Salzburger Rockerlin Raspberry Coulis

Some Wine

Coffee Home Made Friandises

yours Shogun

As a rule, we do Sterling “International or French” night, which as a rule has been the third night of a seven day cruise.

We plan to sign up for the Chef’s Table on our upcoming cruise on the Star. From photos posted on the web, it would appear one of the chef’s night is the same night as “Italian”. What is the usual second night for the “Chef’s Table”.

I don't believe there are "set" nights for these dinners. It would vary from ship to ship, depending on the number of people interested, and the itinerary of the cruise. They will usually try to schedule them on sea days or at least on a shorter port day where passengers would be returning to the ship well before dinner.

Cindy

I didn't actually attend the Chef's Dinner but we ate in the dining room on the CB (2/8 Cruise) that had the table set up (I asked the Maitre D what it was). It was done on at least 3 nights in the Island Dining room (Tues, Wed, Thurs). It wasn't in our dining room on formal nights (or I missed it) and I didn't see it on our last night (which was a sea day).

We did it on the Crown...it was a great experience and totally worth the cost. We did it the first week of a B2B and saw them do 3 more during the rest of the cruise. Something tells me that they try to accommodate everyone who registers interest...

Just wonder how many would try the Chef's Table if Princess required a smaller service fee? :confused:

Probably more than they could handle for this type of special evening. Sounds like they are having no problem filling several "chef's tables" per cruise at $75.

Just off the Caribbean Princess on 2/15/09. My wife and I really enjoyed the cheft's table. The subject of open-toe shoes was a addressed at the meeting the day before and the ladies were told not to worry about that requirement. My wife was releaved because the only shoes she had with her that were not open toed were her tennis shoes - not a pretty picture with her dress, etc.

Archived