Carnival Sensation New Balcony Pictures

JMills006

so, are you saying that the Aft balcony rooms you can make thee two lowers into a King, unlike the regular balcony rooms? They didnt give me this option when I found out.

I was told when booking my cabin, that the new 8E (extended balcony) cabins could not be made into a double, queen or king sized bed. They needed to be kept as singles. I was told that my new 8C cabin (non-extended balcony) could have the beds be made into double bed (or king, whatever it is when you push the beds together, lol!). It was a bit confusing a phone call with the carnival rep because she didn't really seem terribly confident in what she was saying, because this is all so new. This is the reason we went with the 8C vs the 8E, didn't want to monkey with trying to push the beds together ourselves. We did that on Grand Princess on the dolphin deck when we were not suppose to, and got dirty looks from the cabin attendant for the rest of the trip ;)

Be careful, as I was booked in a regular ole balcony room, non-extended and the rep swore to me, well 3 out of 4 reps did, that you CAN NOT push the beds together at all to form a king.

They are real sketchy on this, aren't they? If it turns out that we can't push the beds together, we'll survive :D:D Not too much can get us worked up when we are cruisin' and we have a balcony on a fantasy class ship, this much is fantastic. I just want to know how big our balcony really is :) Thanks for the heads up.

O, no problem. I cancelled because I couldnt snuggle with the DH, I would miss that too much, disappointed because the Balcony option was only $158 more. I am hoping I can see pictures of and real life experience before our final payment is due so that I may still upgrade. Enjoy!

O, no problem. I cancelled because I couldnt snuggle with the DH, I would miss that too much, disappointed because the Balcony option was only $158 more. I am hoping I can see pictures of and real life experience before our final payment is due so that I may still upgrade. Enjoy!

Haha! You got me beat by cancelling a cruise vs facing your room attendants dirty looks by pushing beds together!

Okay, I for one cannot believe that someone does not have any pictures of the Sensation, whether they like the refurb or not. Was I the only one to take pics of her even at Thanksgiving, while she was in her tacky mode? LOL....I suppose that if we wanted to see her, we should have all went on the cruise, huh?:rolleyes: Idunno......:confused:

It is a bit crazy, but there has only been one cruise returned since her new makeover, so maybe we are just impatient while the cruisers are adjusting to "real life" again. :)

For those that have posted on this thread and leaving soon, the pressure is now on you to return back to the forums in a timely manner and post pictures of the inside of the ship. I, for one, am interested in those 8E cabins....and really truly honestly if you cannot put the beds together.

There are four of us and while my fiance is a first time cruiser, I felt the balcony to be more important to us then snuggling in the night... maybe I am wrong. Actually, when I first booked, the PVP said that they could be pushed together but then called back, apologized and offered a downgrade w/ a refund, because she was incorrect. I guess I should have asked if an AFT was available before I declined the change in cabins.

Happy cruising to all - and really, no pressure from us waiting here at home for some pictures and reviews !!!! honestly. ;)

Haha! You got me beat by cancelling a cruise vs facing your room attendants dirty looks by pushing beds together!

I would have never cancelled if there was any implication that we could push the beds together ourselves, hey, I wouldnt mind crawling over the bed to get to the balcony, but the impression I got was that they were bolted down! Only time will tell, I am getting a little impatient now for someone with expreience to enlighten us!

I was told when booking my cabin, that the new 8E (extended balcony) cabins could not be made into a double, queen or king sized bed. They needed to be kept as singles. I was told that my new 8C cabin (non-extended balcony) could have the beds be made into double bed (or king, whatever it is when you push the beds together, lol!). It was a bit confusing a phone call with the carnival rep because she didn't really seem terribly confident in what she was saying, because this is all so new. This is the reason we went with the 8C vs the 8E, didn't want to monkey with trying to push the beds together ourselves. We did that on Grand Princess on the dolphin deck when we were not suppose to, and got dirty looks from the cabin attendant for the rest of the trip ;)

I dont understand why they gave you dirty looks. Dont' they configure the beds like that most of the time?

I will be on the 2/22/09 cruise. Let me know what rooms you want pictures of. I am in an oceanview on the Riviera. Some that are with us are in a penthouse suite and some in suites on the Veranda deck. I personally don't have a problem asking to take pics of other rooms if I happen to meet someone in a certain type of room or I could just ask someone in one of those rooms. I am so excited.....5 more days!!!!

I dont understand why they gave you dirty looks. Dont' they configure the beds like that most of the time?

On the balcony cabins dolphin deck of the Grand Princess, it is not allowed d/t safety--we had to step over our pushed together beds to make it to the balcony, so maybe they were warrented dirty looks :rolleyes:

I am cruising the "new" Sensation on 3/5. We are just booked for an oceanview (booked last night). Can you only upgrade before final payment is made? I paid my full cruise at time of booking since it is 2 weeks out.

Is it too late to try to upgrade to a balcony? I have never been on a cruise before so Oceanview might not bother me.

I am cruising the "new" Sensation on 3/5. We are just booked for an oceanview (booked last night). Can you only upgrade before final payment is made? I paid my full cruise at time of booking since it is 2 weeks out.

Is it too late to try to upgrade to a balcony? I have never been on a cruise before so Oceanview might not bother me.

Usually you can pay the difference to upgrade any time.

The exception being my last cruise when they had not yet removed the fuel surcharge and said taxes/fees had gone up. So I had to pay them both before I could also pay the difference to upgrade.

I would definately look into it, it may be worth the cost. When I looked into it for our summer cruise it was only $158 more, would have been worth it, but we decided not to after all because when you have 4 pp in a room you cant push the two lowers together to form one king.

Archived