45 Day Letter

mom2girls

I just called to redeem my 45 day letter. My 1st choice was bar coupons. The second choice was a bottle of wine. WooHoo! I'm looking forward to this trip.

What's a 45 day letter???? We are taking our first Carnival cruise in a few weeks, so forgive me if this a known Carnival perk. :)

What is a 45 day letter?

I wrote a letter to Carnival last summer regarding my cruises on the Legend and Imagination. They sent me a 45 day letter to thank me for my comments. To redeem I call around 45 days before sailing. They offer me a variety of gifts to have from the Bon Voyage department.

I have a friend who just got her 45 day letter last week. So, I do believe they are still sending them out.

I wrote a letter to Carnival last summer regarding my cruises on the Legend and Imagination. They sent me a 45 day letter to thank me for my comments. To redeem I call around 45 days before sailing. They offer me a variety of gifts to have from the Bon Voyage department.

I have a friend who just got her 45 day letter last week. So, I do believe they are still sending them out.

:confused:So to be a pain, but did you complain about past cruises, or just reporting on how they were? I can't believe they would send everyone that provides comments with a 'gift'.

On all the other cruises I have been on, there is always a comment card you can fill out and drop in a box on your way off the ship. I don;t know if Carnival does this or not, and if this is what prompted the 45 day letter.

I have never even had acknowledgment of comments from other cruises, let alone a letter to call and get a gift.

Thanks for responding to my questions, and I'm glad for you that you received some sort of recognition for your comments. :)

Rumor is that they are gone, but ppl still report they are getting them. You take a cruise, write them a letter about the good and the bad, and they will send you a response back. Sometimes you get a 45 day letter, and most times you get a Thank you with no 45 day letter.

I got my 45 day letter last year and redeemed it a couple weeks ago for my cruise this weekend. I sent a letter to guest relations at Carnival to tell them about my cruise last April. I gave them good stuff and a couple minor things that could use improvement. They sent me a letter thanking me and I got an OBC $25/ea for me & DH for total of $50 plus a Bon Voyage gift. I chose drink coupons first choice and photo coupon 2nd choice since we will be buying both.

:confused:So to be a pain, but did you complain about past cruises, or just reporting on how they were? I can't believe they would send everyone that provides comments with a 'gift'.

On all the other cruises I have been on, there is always a comment card you can fill out and drop in a box on your way off the ship. I don;t know if Carnival does this or not, and if this is what prompted the 45 day letter.

I have never even had acknowledgment of comments from other cruises, let alone a letter to call and get a gift.

Thanks for responding to my questions, and I'm glad for you that you received some sort of recognition for your comments. :)

I wrote a letter making suggestions on how to improve some areas. For example, while on the Imagination there were a bunch of college age kids in the Serenity area. I suggested they put signs up stating that it's a quiet area since these kids were quite boisterous. I also made a point to mention certain employees that gave exceptional service. This letter was written in addition to the comment card. I mailed the letter to Carnival.

I was on the Freeedom last summer, sent a letter - actually with some concerns as well as some positive commments and did not receive any acknowledgement. Although I am booked for this summer I did think it rude that Carnival did not respond to my letter - I left my e-mail as well as my snail mail adresses.

Oh well.

I can't wait to redeem my 45 day letter. I have one from my cruise in 2008 on the Celebration. I wrote a letter to Carnival stating our wonderful of a ship and crew they had and also letting them know of a couple bad things that they could have fixed.

These don't expire, do they? I didn't see an expiration date on my letter, but we're not cruising until 2010 so I want to still be able to use it.

Don't worry about it.... from what I understand, they don't offer them any more.

I wrote them about my March 2008 cruise and got a 45 day letter which I used for a bottle of wine on my Sept cruise. I believe they are still sending them as others have said, however probably not as many people will recieve them.

I wrote a letter making suggestions on how to improve some areas. For example, while on the Imagination there were a bunch of college age kids in the Serenity area. I suggested they put signs up stating that it's a quiet area since these kids were quite boisterous. I also made a point to mention certain employees that gave exceptional service. This letter was written in addition to the comment card. I mailed the letter to Carnival.

Thanks. It's nice to hear that at least sometimes there is a response to feedback. It's also nice to hear that you can provide both positive and negative feedback and get this perk.

I'm not much of a letter writer unless something is either very, very bad or very, very good.

Thanks again, and sorry to have so many questions, I had never heard of this before!

Thanks. It's nice to hear that at least sometimes there is a response to feedback. It's also nice to hear that you can provide both positive and negative feedback and get this perk.

I'm not much of a letter writer unless something is either very, very bad or very, very good.

Thanks again, and sorry to have so many questions, I had never heard of this before!

Don't worry about all of the questions! That's what these boards are for! I have learned a great deal from these boards. Plus your questions can help others as well. :)

Maybe letters aren't being addressed to the right place since some of you don't even get a response. CCL is usually really good at thanking you for the feedback even if no "gifts" are given. I've heard people have snail mailed them to guest relations at Corp headquarters but I emailed mine to grelations@carnival.com and they responded by email that they received it & would respond by regular mail. I got my written response a couple weeks later.

Archived