Solstice - DVD Player in stateroom?

Tomato53

Greetings - does anyone know whether there are DVD players in Solstice staterooms?

We're thinking of taking some DVD's to watch in the room if there is a player. We'll be in a C2 concierge class if that makes a difference.

I've seached CC and Celebrity's site and haven't found this info.

Really looking forward to our 3/1 sailing - the ship looks amazing!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Greetings - does anyone know whether there are DVD players in Solstice staterooms?

We're thinking of taking some DVD's to watch in the room if there is a player. We'll be in a C2 concierge class if that makes a difference.

There are no DVD players in the rooms, but the television system has quite a selection of on-demand movies. You can start them at any time you want, and if you pause them, you can come back and continue from the same spot at a later date.

There are video-in ports on the television, but someone said in another post that those ports were disabled.

Mike

Mike, thanks for your response - less stuff to pack and I'm sure we won't be lacking for entertainment.

We've been enjoying Lee's and your posts and website! Our Solstice cruise is less than two weeks away - can't wait!

You must be going on the same ship as us on 3/1. They are very specific as to what these TV's can so and it may have front AV jacks, but most don't as these were especially made for hotels and such, not consumer grade TV's you are used to. What it may have is a VGA jack in the back for a PC, don't know. If so, you can play your movie through your laptop if you bring one. Also, Verizon has a deal called Starzplay now for it's customers that for $5.99/mo, you can download movies to your laptop to watch on the flight or in your room - http://surround.verizon.net/Shop/Entertainment/StarzPlay.aspx

Our TV's on the Sostice (CC and Sky Suite) had the exact same type of jacks and outlets you would have at home. The problem was that the TV "input" controls have been disabled. We could hook it all up, but not watch anything.

Did you have a chance to try the HDMI input on the side of the TV? I assume it is also disabled, but I wanted to see if anyone had tried it yet. See below for what I am refering to.

451754522_V6bRM-L.jpg

Did you have a chance to try the HDMI input on the side of the TV? I assume it is also disabled, but I wanted to see if anyone had tried it yet. See below for what I am refering to.

We used it, and it worked fine.

451754522_V6bRM-L.jpg

No, we didn't bring an HDMI cable. I brought the yellow/red/white kind (forget the formal name). Still, the TV would not let us change the "input" or "source". We even asked our room attendant and butler and they both told us that it the ports were disabled. I don't know why some TV's would be disabled and other would not. Strange.

No, we didn't bring an HDMI cable. I brought the yellow/red/white kind (forget the formal name). Still, the TV would not let us change the "input" or "source". We even asked our room attendant and butler and they both told us that it the ports were disabled. I don't know why some TV's would be disabled and other would not. Strange.

That is strange. I will bring my HDMI cable and hope for the best.

Archived