Noordam Translantic - VD Stateroom questions

Atlanta_Cruiser

Hello:

Am I going to be in a loud room? I purchased my cruise back in November and got a guaranteed room (with upgrade), as I didn't want to roll the dice and end up in front of the ship (I get green behind the gills if in rougher seas.) I ended up with room VD4140. It looks like the elevators are on the other side of my front door. Is this going to be loud? Also, my room, for some reason, doesn't come with a tub, just a shower. Will this mean my bathroom is smaller or the room is smaller? It doesn't look any different on the deck plans, but that doesn't mean anything.

Thank you,

Cory in Atlanta

We had a room with a closer and more line-of-sight proximity to elevators, and only late at night did we even notice barely hearing any bells or other noise associated with elevators.

4140 has a tub. Only the last 3 VDs on either side (4166-4172 and 4173-4177) have the asterisks designating shower-only.

Cory - You've got a great cabin. John (jtl513) & I are probably the happiest VD posters here on CC. He & I have never met, but we both LOVE those cabins! My John & I consider VD 4045 on Noordam our 2nd home.

The VDs have an extra deep balcony, about 1.5-2ft extra. The verandah extends further out over the rest of the balconies above it. So, don't stand at the railing in your birthday suit. :eek: Everyone above you can look down on you. But you can also look UP at them!

Check out the deck plan. You will have that tub. And a connecting door to cabin 4138. But you can only go thru if the pax in both cabins open the doors. And really, you won't hear any noise from that cabin. Look at the deck plan, too, for the elevators. You'll actually face the corridor wall when you open your door. You have to go around the elevators to get to those doors - the elevators all open up into that elevator lobby. Really, you won't hear them. Maybe standing just inside your cabin at the closet, you might hear the bing-bong of the arriving car, but at the bed, no.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-vacation-onboard/Noordam

Then click on Deck Plans on the lower right.

My two gal friends I am traveling with are going to have VD4045. I will pass this along to them. I liked that the balcony extends out. That was one thing that enjoyed on the Caribbean Princess. We made lots of balcony friends that way. We are having a Girls (16)Night Out Cruise and leaving the husbands behind. Thanks so much for posting this. Made my day!! Cheers. - Ms. Cory in Atlanta

Cory - You've got a great cabin. John (jtl513) & I are probably the happiest VD posters here on CC. He & I have never met, but we both LOVE those cabins! My John & I consider VD 4045 on Noordam our 2nd home.

The VDs have an extra deep balcony, about 1.5-2ft extra. The verandah extends further out over the rest of the balconies above it. So, don't stand at the railing in your birthday suit. :eek: Everyone above you can look down on you. But you can also look UP at them!

Check out the deck plan. You will have that tub. And a connecting door to cabin 4138. But you can only go thru if the pax in both cabins open the doors. And really, you won't hear any noise from that cabin. Look at the deck plan, too, for the elevators. You'll actually face the corridor wall when you open your door. You have to go around the elevators to get to those doors - the elevators all open up into that elevator lobby. Really, you won't hear them. Maybe standing just inside your cabin at the closet, you might hear the bing-bong of the arriving car, but at the bed, no.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-vacation-onboard/Noordam

Then click on Deck Plans on the lower right.

Archived